Grant Strain

Hey everyone,

I've been designing in a new space for a few months, and over that time, i've gone from 4 dimmers not dimming properly, to in excess of 8. The issue is that all the standard fixtures I have (ETC Source4, S4 PAR, Strand 6xX, Altman 6xX) will go to about 60% when I brung the fixture up to 9% on the console, then go to full once it gets above that. When it dims, it stays at full until it hits 9%, then it goes out.

I'm on an ETC Element, with a Sensor Rack, Sensor Classic Dimmer Modules, and a CEM Classic Brain.

Things I've tried to no avail:

Change the curve on the board (all of them)

Change the curve on the brain (all of them but non-dim and switch)
(the curve was the same on a working dimmer with the same fixture before it was changed)

swapping dimmer module with a known working one

I'm thinking next step is to call ETC tech support, unless any of you have any ideas

Definitely call Tech Support, 1-800-688-4116. I'd want to be in front of the dimmer rack, as I highly suspect a wrong setting in the CEM. If you could somehow get the console and dimmers next to each other, even better.

Grant -
Have your taken a meter to the input legs of the rack? If all the failing packs fall on one leg perhaps you have incoming power issues. Following that have you metered the line/neutral voltages? Perhaps you have some improperly installed (i.e. networked) neutrals.

If you're starting with a clean show, default dimming curves in the Element and have regenerated CEM defaults with no change I'd guess you're dealing with power issues.

Might have some bad ideas in it's brain. May be time for a system reset and possible a "factory default" reset. Doesn't sound like failing modules.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back