It's good to be new!

DoctorO

Greetings, I just stepped in to say hello. These forums have caught my interest. Audio, especially musical, recording are important to me. It seems lately that I am in the "control booth" (actually a control room) quite a lot because usually I am the only person here. And I figure all these gizmos shouldn't go to waste. What are they these microphones, preamps, digital inter,,something are others. Actually I followed a thread for the little Yamaha 01v96vcm digital mixer. Well I guess I'll have a look around... Cheerio, DoctorO

Hello.

It's a pleasure to join this site. And thanks for having it.

I am the Artistic Director of a theatre within a center at a university. We perform plays and sketches to prompt dialogue. Our audience consists of faculty and graduate students. Because of the nature of the theatre, I have to be aware of behind the scenes elements as much as on stage elements (of course, one could argue that directors needs to know MUCH more than they do regarding technical elements. Actually shameful how many artistic centered directors make it out of school without knowing what a dimmer pack is).

I look forward to learning from you all!

Thanks,
Jeffrey (Klestekoff)

Welcome to Control Booth, DoctorO and klestekoff! CB is a great resource for all sorts of information, just type what you're looking for into the search function and your problems should be answered. If not, feel free to ask here, as there are a gazillion people looking to help you. Don't be afraid to jump in and provide answers to help others too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back