I've got some weird ideas on lighting and stage design

Enfield

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to read this.

So I've got a slight issue. Recently we added some LED bars on the front of the stage on the floor to light up our speaker for video. He is usually dark from underneath so this addition has help on camera but has brought up another issue.
We have a head to toe shot, but the bars cut off his feet so we're trying to figure out a way to hang the lights from the front of the stage. A weird thing I know, as of right now we have an idea but I'm wondering if there is a product that exits already that will do something like that.

Attached is a rough sketch of what i'm talking about (1st picture)

As for the stage design I saw a really great look on a live event. When I try googling it via images I'm shown flowers because of the pattern of the stage design. I'm wondering what was used. I'm guessing coroplast was cut into the design and then hung somehow. If anyone has an idea I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks again!
2nd picture is what i'm talking about
20160830_132819.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg
maxresdefault copy.jpg

Would there be a way to attach the pipe directly to the front of your stage? I think that would be easier.

As far as the scenic, here's two links:
The standard in the industry: http://www.atomicdesign.tv/
A recent startup: http://www.modscenes.com/

We talked about attaching them directly to the stage, but we usually put wedding steps in the front of the stage so the whole "rig" would need to be removable.

The links you gave me look promising, thank you, i'll check them out

Much simpler way to go about it. Worked great and got the light as low as possible (for the angle we needed), we did this for 42nd street cause gosh darn it we need to see those feet tippity tapping.

2 pieces of angle per fixture

IMG_3564.JPG

Build him a platform to stand on for video. you could inlay the bar or stick it out from and make everything semi-temp for those just incase issues.
sketch_57c6e973abe25.png

Much simpler way to go about it. Worked great and got the light as low as possible (for the angle we needed), we did this for 42nd street cause gosh darn it we need to see those feet tippity tapping.

2 pieces of angle per fixture

View attachment 13694

This looks very doable!
I'm just thinking if it can be dropped, cause our lights don't have a hole on the side only legs on the bottom where the camps would attach.
Our lights are Chauvet Professional COLORado Batten.

This looks very doable!
I'm just thinking if it can be dropped, cause our lights don't have a hole on the side only legs on the bottom where the camps would attach.
Our lights are Chauvet Professional COLORado Batten.
If you don't have clamps anyways, build it all out of unistrut. Easy to assemble, flexible, easy to attach fixtures, very reusable material, prefinished.

If the front of you stage is wood you could make a "L" of 1x1 stock and mount it to the front of the stage with a couple wood screws, then bolt the light bar to that.

Screen Shot 2016-08-31 at 2.06.56 PM.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back