The above Ad will no longer appear after you Sign Up for Free!

Jands ESP II

Discussion in 'Lighting and Electrics' started by Dean, May 9, 2004.

1. Dean

Dean Member

Is anyone familer with this console and its XF cues - how to you work with them?

I got the manual here - XF's start at page 42.

Show starts wen nite

Thanks for any help

2. bdesmond

bdesmond Active Member

What are you having trouble with? I've never used the desk in question, but, page 42 of the manual seems pretty straight forward. I can try and help you interpet the directions if you can give me some sort of background on the problem.

3. Dean

Dean Member

Ok, this is what i want to do - bring the XF slider up .. then press the flash button to xf between presets. Possible? How?

4. tss_rocks

tss_rocks Member

I'm familiar with the board, but I'm not. We just got ours and I haven't had an opportunity to sit down and play with it much. If you have any advice or tips, let me know! I'd appreciate it.

5. bdesmond

bdesmond Active Member

You want to x-fade between two cues? If I understand the book correctly, you'd record "Q" 1, and then "Q" 2, and then, with Q1 running, you'd hit flash, and Q2 would go.

I just read the page on the button and that's what I'm making of it. Does this make sense?

6. Dean

Dean Member

K, i got it working with 3 practice q's at the end of the rehersal.. so sohuld be good to go..

Ill post tips later.. REAL tired

7. bdesmond

bdesmond Active Member

Glad to hear you got it going! Get some rest. :)

8. Baxter123

Baxter123 Member

This is my hook up. I have a Jands ESP II Desk and all hooked up to lights, lighting rig. Have many different lighting sections (large changeovers) and was wondering if there is any program produced to run the desk through a computer.
    Anyone got any idea?

9. mstaylor

mstaylor Well-Known Member Departed Member

Not that easier than programing the board. There are ways to fire it from a computer but you still have to build the cues to be fired.

10. Baxter123

Baxter123 Member

Thanks. I am going to build the cues and can do this I just need a program that I can fire the cues from.

11. kiwitechgirl

kiwitechgirl Well-Known Member

So you want to build the cues on the ESP II, then fire them off a computer? I used to work with a designer who would hook up a 120-channel desk to the Strand 520 and build his cues that way, for generics at least - the operator would deal with movers and then record each cue into the Strand. To do something like this (which I'm guessing is what you want to do?) you'll need something which has DMX-in capabilities. I'm not particularly familiar with many computer-based desks, so can't really help, but does the ESP not have a basic cue stack ability? I thought it did (though it's been years since I've worked with one).

12. mstaylor

mstaylor Well-Known Member Departed Member

The first is why do you want to run it from a computor instead of just running the board? I don't know that board but I'm sure there are some here that do. I am simply trying to get to what you are trying to do before it gets too deep.