Control/Dimming Jands Vista is now Chroma-Q Vista

JohnD

Fight Leukemia
Another lighting controller has changed hands.
JANDS
Chroma-Q
I first noticed this at SWEETWATER.
It will be interesting to see how this plays out considering the soon to be released, less expensive consoles from Zero88 and Chamsys.

It looks like Jands have quit trying to be in the premier league with MA, Avolites and Hog.
Sell many small products cheaply. Better strategy.

There are a lot of really inept websites, especially their search engines. The other day I went to the Full Compass site and searched for mic cases. It listed everything but. I bailed and went to Sweetwater, where I could easily find what I needed.

I strongly suspect that a major factor in the demise of Radio Shack was their horrible search engine. Search for a battery and get a list of every product that uses a battery. I don't drive miles to a store unless I have a reasonable expectation that they have what I need.

I agree totally with you @FMEng, one little problem is I think this somehow got posted in the wrong thread, I'm thinking it was meant for the Rosco Gobo thread. At least at Fullcompass you can look by brand which I sometimes do to speed thing up. I also really hate when you google or bing or yahoo search for an item, and you get tons of hits for paid ads for places that sell something kinda like what you are looking for.

Last edited:
Yes, my post was intended for the other topic. I will blame it on posting before my coffee kicked in. I wonder what else I screwed up this morning? Sheesh. The odd thing is I didn't even open this thread intentionally.

Last edited:
Creating an accurate search engine and results relevant to what a person is looking for is almost a science.... It's definitely more difficult than I ever knew before i learned about it. Then you have to take into account google and their analytical rankings and rules.... that's why you hire experts... It can really make or break a sale (as shown above)

Meh, ChromaQ has just done what Chauvet and then Elation have done, realized they made a lot of fixtures and no way to control them. My perception of Jands market share is extremely low, at least in entertainment an music touring, even lower than Avo. In the last few years have seen hundreds of MA's on tours, a handful of Hogs, a smattering of Chamsys, a few Martin(now Elation) M1s and a few M2/pc/Mtouch, and ONE Jands Vista. To be fair in about 10 years I have seen one actual console and one pc wing setup. I am also not counting the "budget" rental companies like PSAV that still have Jands/Hog 500/1000's, and other relics.

The New Chamsys QuickQ look promising, for very basic operation. Zero88 is still trash and has poor support.

Jands sees success in the HOW market. Back a few years ago, they targeted that market hard, and it's still carrying over.

Another lighting controller has changed hands.
JANDS
Chroma-Q
I first noticed this at SWEETWATER.
It will be interesting to see how this plays out considering the soon to be released, less expensive consoles from Zero88 and Chamsys.
So did you go to GearFest? Or just on their website?

We've been pushing Sweetwater to get some better lighting gear, including Jands. I like Full Compass, but Sweetwater is ten minutes away...

Jands sees success in the HOW market. Back a few years ago, they targeted that market hard, and it's still carrying over.
I think it worked for them. I see Jands Vista a lot, and I love using it... I'm curious as to where they take it... and anxious.

The one thing I really like about Jands vs. every thing else in that class is they didn't just try and make a clone of a physical console on the screen, because that's a horrible UI choice.

Just looking, but I don't see any consoles with LCDs... that sucks. Without that, you can't tell what page you're on and paging becomes almost dangerously confusing. In fact, it looks like the LEDs on the buttons are gone which is a very bad thing.

At least my license will work for Vista 3.

FWIW, This was one hell of a show run from Vista. I managed to see it when they toured.
https://jands.com/archive-4935/glass-animals-make-headlines-at-londons-roundhouse/

Is there anyway to contact ChromaQ?

There's no phone number, no email address, no snail mail address on their website at all.

Because if they removed the LEDs from the buttons, that's a deal breaker.
For your earlier question, I noticed it on the website.
Strange the lack of info on the Chroma-Q site. I snooped around a bit and since they don't have anything other than a simple datasheet for the Vista, I checked some of the downloads for other products. They list the download for their product certificates which gives you THIS.
Which led me to THIS
Just for fun their address got me this from GOOGLE

EDIT: You could always try their social media(Facepalm and that ilk) contacts, that works for some companies.

Last edited:
Hello everyone,

Let me introduce myself here, Paul Pelletier, Brand Manager at Chroma-Q and responsable for Vista by Chroma-Q product line.

If you have any questions about Vista or other Chroma-Q products, do not hesitate to contact me directly. (no prices inquiries please:) we have a great network of dealers for that.

We also have an active user group of Facebook where many questions can be answered. https://www.facebook.com/groups/700944293320970/

Soon we will be previewing Vista 3, if you want to be part of this preview, simply register on our website http://www.chroma-q.com/products/vista.asp

Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back