Jands Vista loses control

Paul V

We recently installed the Jands Vista software and installed on a Mac Mini. The computer is our control surface. The DMX is connected to the computer via Ethernet to DMX conversion box by Entec (OpenDMX). We randomly lose control of the lights (they don't respond to a cue change). To regain control we have power cycled the conveter box, which kills the lights for half a second then comes back on. We have both incandescent lights as well as LED lighting. We've tried changing some power settings in the Ethernet adapter on the computer thinking is was timing out due to inactivity. This did not solve the problem. I'm going to find out the licensing info off the USB dongle this morning. Any ideas?

Unless they've changed the design drastically, the Open connects via a USB port, not Ethernet. In which case, the default connection is by a Virtual Serial Port from the computer. Our experience with that type of connection is that it's not as reliable as using Direct X (D2XX). I suggest you go to the FTDI site and install the D2XX drivers you find there.

Unless they've changed the design drastically, the Open connects via a USB port, not Ethernet. In which case, the default connection is by a Virtual Serial Port from the computer. Our experience with that type of connection is that it's not as reliable as using Direct X (D2XX). I suggest you go to the FTDI site and install the D2XX drivers you find there.

Ours is ethernet based. Lately we haven't had any issues. We did change a few settings in the Entec box that may have fixed the problem since we haven't had it happen for a while now. If we continue to have problems I will consider switching to USB if I can.

I would say there is a packet loss problem. I would check your networl settings and make sure everything is squared away.

Having the console whichever one you can afford makes hook up that much easier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back