JBL 4000w JRX125 DUAL 15" PA SPEAKERS

IMHO, active speakers would eliminate many of the potential problems a novice can run into.

No having to match an amp with cabinets, no having to worry about Ohm ratings, just simple plug and play.

I'd suggest looking at the EV SxA 250 or SxA 360 for tops and the SbA 760 for subs. This also eliminates the need for an outboard crossover and the associated learning curve.

If you have more in your budget, the KV2 EX 10's paired up with the EX 2.2 will simply rock your world.

www.kv2audio.com

True, I was exagerating trying to make a point. The I-Tech 8000 weighs what, 20lbs? Yes, modern amps are lighter, but before I posted that, I was pushing a friend's rack with Macro-Techs around; heavy SOBs. As for power specs, I can't speak to that since I've never looked at active speakers in depth. I always use the old JBL SR whatevers I got for free. But for beginners, I could see where having active speakers could be beneficial. I was rying to make a point that it's less gear, and less racks that need to be moved around at load-in and strike.

Point taken. I agree that any amp rack that includes amps from what may be termed the good (or bad) old days is going to be HEAVY. I've pushed them...

Active speakers as a concept have benefits, less to move around etc. but in some cases there are the aforementioned amp driver matching problems but also some of them weigh more than I like to be lifting onto a speaker stand and in some cases I wonder if the speaker stand will be happy taking that much weight...

My son and I have been looking at those JBL's and thanks for the input as we are just getting started.

I have a 17 yr old son just starting with his band and I need to get him a set of PA speakers. He has a Peavy 8.5c Amp that will supply 425 at 4 ohms.
He's found an EBay offer of JBX MBX 2520 speakers at a very low price but I can't find these JBX speakers or reviews anywhere.

He did find a used set of Yamaha S115H II as well.

Any help or suggestions? He's got 300 - 550 to work with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back