Jeffrey Salzberg R.I.P.

SteveB

I just read on stagecraft mailing list that Jeff Salzberg has passed away, apparently a heart attack as a result and during recovery from a previous stroke.

Sad. Good guy, loved helping newbies and students.

R.I.P. Jeff

Here's the original message from SML:

Hi all,

I am terribly, terribly sad to have to write that Jeffrey Salzberg passed away on Thursday, from complications following a heart attack. I was told by a friend of his that he wasn't in any pain but there were too many complications.

I met Jeff when I emailed this list about 20 years ago, asking for suggestions because I had a class of really awful students who kept complaining that it wasn't visual enough. He suggested we set up a website for lighting students, and so we did, and kept it up for the past two decades, updating it as needed. Jeffrey also added a Facebook page.
He was a really wonderful partner, with such a clear eyed approach and a combination of imagination and enterprise and practicality. The website has been helping students for years, and people continually email us about it. I'll be keeping it up, but it is due to Jeff's energy and skill that it's up there in the first place.

His passing is a terrible loss, personally to me, certainly to his friends and everybody close to him, but also, I think, to the entire profession.

Judy Kupferman

While Jeff wasn't a very active member of CB ( @RockyPneumonia ), he was always very supportive of CB's mission, and was wildly enthusiastic, in person, on our insistence on proper grammar on CB. He will be missed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back