Jem Glaicator X-Stream

pfalvi

Hi all,

I'm the resident designer and electrician at a regional theatre in CA, and my producing director asked me to look into low foggers for a show next season. I brought back info he liked the Glaciator X-Stream. I found a used one for a decent price, but before we spend that much money on a unit, he asked me to see if I could find opinions, thoughts, pros/cons, all from others in the business that have used them before.

Are there any pitfalls or problems likely to arise that you've seen? How often do you have to service it?

Are you happy overall with the unit? Anything I should know?

I appreciate this forum, such a collective of knowledge, opinions, and thoughts in invaluable!

I searched control booth for Glaciator X-Stream. Didn't see any negative comments. User Wolf found it to work just fine for him and posted a link for others. I would take that as one endorsement. Also, Derek mentions it in one of his posts but didn't offer an opinion. So either it worked fine for him, or he hadn't worked with it at the time of his comment, because I doubt he would have mentioned it if he thought it was crap. Hopefully someone stops by with some hands on experience for you!

http://www.controlbooth.net/threads/major-lighting-overhaul.19752/#post-179354

Has anyone here had to clean the lines for this bad boy? is the procedure the same for most hazers... run distilled water through the line for a half hour.? any thoughts or if I do this am I going to make more trouble for myself?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back