Jem ZR24/7 Hazer: "Flu out" error

ngmouse

Hey all,

Every now and then said hazer gives an error indicating it's out of fluid, despite the bottle being full. This causes the machine to stop producing haze until I do a prime reset--easy fix, but not something I want to have to worry about during the run of the show.

The machine tests the fluid level based on how much energy is being used to create the haze: "No fluid sensor is used, but an indirect measurement is made based on an energy balance calculation." So my guess is that cleaning the pump might result in less energy being used to create the haze and therefore stop tripping the sensor. There's no information in the manual, though, regarding cleaning. I've been recommended Mineral Spirits but I'm not sure about the proper process to clean with it.

I also wonder if I set the fog output level at a lower range it will use less energy and therefor stop tripping the sensor?

I would love any input regarding what the issue may be and how to resolve it.

Thanks!

Good Morning

How old is the machine? I assume its never been cleaned.
How often is it used?

go out and get a Gal of distilled or RO water. Also pick up a small bottle of Vinegar.
Run 1/3 - 1/2 the water through the machine.
This may help. If not mix water and vinegar 50/50 and run that through the machine.
Do this in a well ventilated area, vinegar stinks.

If you use the machine often, run water through it weekly and before you store it.

Good Morning

How old is the machine? I assume its never been cleaned.
How often is it used?

go out and get a Gal of distilled or RO water. Also pick up a small bottle of Vinegar.
Run 1/3 - 1/2 the water through the machine.
This may help. If not mix water and vinegar 50/50 and run that through the machine.
Do this in a well ventilated area, vinegar stinks.

If you use the machine often, run water through it weekly and before you store it.

Hey, sorry for the two-year late reply! This helped loads, as did storing it properly. We'd been leaving it stored with fluid up until this point. While the damage is already done, storing it properly and giving it some maintenance has definitely helped its functioning. Much thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back