The above Ad will no longer appear after you Sign Up for Free!

Job Issues

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by Grog12, Mar 28, 2008.

1. Grog12

Grog12 CBMod CB Mods Premium Member

As I have posted once or twice in the Punching Bag I'm a bit unhappy with my current job ((M.E. for a major university)) Basically it boils down to it not being as much of a stepping stone position as I was told it was ((contacts? who the hell needs to make contacts in this buisness)) my wife and I hate the town, and my immediate superiors and I.....don't mesh we don't constantly butt heads but ****ed if we see eye to eye.

I've been searching and have found a short time gig that would put my wife and I back on the right side of the country..but is just that a short time gig. For me to take it I'd probably have to quit the fulltime +bennies job I've got right now and then in 3 months continue my search. But we'd be closer to friends and family....bah silly life.

2. Charc

Charc Well-Known Member

You're two years too late for a cushy job at a private school, but full of school politics... ;)

I feel for ya, after seeing all the staff ME's at all the schools i've been to.

3. LD4Life

LD4Life Active Member

I feel you from the standpoint of being a university student filling the position of a staff M.E. Trust me, that isn't fun either. At least when you're not a student you are viewed on the same level as the full-time staff.

4. LD4Life

LD4Life Active Member

I'm sorry, by the way. I wasn't trying to say that my situation is worse than yours. I don't know your situation but, from what I'm hearing from you, I have a feeling you have it much worse than me.

5. DaveySimps

DaveySimps CBMod CB Mods Premium Member

Definately one of the down sides of the industry (taking the risk of a new job far away from where you want to be). I have several friends who are going through the same thing right now. I feel for you guys.

~Dave