Control/Dimming Johnson CD-80 Retrofit Dimmer Monitoring?

chrispo86

I'm curious, does anybody know if the Johnson CD-80 Retrofit provides for any sort of dimmer monitoring (I'm thinking along the lines of ETCLink)? If so, how does one go about setting it up? I'm running an Express.

Also if anybody knows where I can get my hands on a manual, that would probably be a nice thing to have...

No, there is no ETC link function with Johnson Systems. You can do some monitoring on the front panel, but nothing like ETC link and sensor dimmers. CD80's don't have the infrastructure in place to do that sort of thing to begin with.

That's what I figured, but hey, it was worth a shot! ;)

One of the reasons why the CD80s are so stable is because there is very little outside of the power cube to go out. Now, as I type this I have a controller card for my Johnson CD80 in Canada for repair. I should check on that...

Otherwise, I have been pretty happy with the Johnson conversion. This is the first space I have used one in. I have used the Strand CD-80 conversion that uses the same processor as the C21's. It works very well and does give you some monitoring. I don't believe you get load motoring, but you can detect faults, fans, and temps I believe. It will also report power coming in and all that good stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back