JTS radio mics - any experience

vittoler

Looking at purchasing radio mics - I have seen a number of favourable reviews for these mics which like the twin US-902 unit are significantly lower cost than sennheiser , shure etc. Does anyone have any knowlege/experience of these ? good, bad or ugly!

My gut reaction is to stay far away from them. It looks like they are probably cheaply made, may not be FCC certified (I don't have any proof of this, though), and may perform very poorly if exposed to white space devices (which are coming in the US). Take a bit to read over the Wireless Mic FAQ and the sticky threads, and feel free to ask any questions you might have.

Mike

They seem to have a surprisingly well worded website with decent graphics and realistic specs.

At first I was thinking that it was sketchy, but then I looked at the distributor list.
The distributors are legitimate, well known companies.

I suggest you contact Proel directly.

U.K.
Proel (International) Ltd
TEL : +44 (0)20 8761 9911

USA
FBT USA, Inc.
TEL : 860 - 829 - 0434
Toll Free in the U.S.: 800 -333 -9383

I'd certainly be cautious. The manufacturer's site states a carrier frequency of 494MHz to 870MHz but FBT USA, the US distributor, states 782-806MHz on their site, a spectrum that will be prohibited here in about 2 months. I tried downloading the manual for that model to verify which is right but did not have any success. This does not necessarily directly impact you in the UK but the fact that they are apparently still marketing these units in the US might be worth noting.

Thanks for your comments , I think realistically will have to while all the digital switchover uncertainty exists and carry on hiring in the interim

Users who are viewing this thread

Back