Just a quick question...

Les

I'm almost done revamping these once dilapidated 360Q's but I realized that none of them have washers behind the bolt attaching the yoke to the fixture body. I don't remember one ever being there (I was pretty meticulous about disassembly and reassembly) but I have a couple of 1KL's that have washers here. Should these have them too? Seems like a yes, but I'd like to make sure.

By the way, I used Duplicolor 1200 degree engine paint for these lights and I think they look pretty awesome!

Attachments

• 100_0087.jpg
    100_0087.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 184
  • 100_0085.jpg
    100_0085.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 187
http://mail.altmanltg.com/publicsynergy/docs/BDBinDoc.asp?Id={12078281-8AF9-4067-AD61-AA16F4124667}

Thanks. I can't believe I forgot to look at the exploded diagrams first. ha,

fixtures look fairly new (black). Didn't note in the photo but I suspect they have the yoke break that has a ring with carriage bolt going to a knob than an actual screw at the pivot.

Given that, there would not be any washers in place other than a standard 5/16" USS washer between yoke bolt and the yoke arm.

If it is older and the yoke clutch is centralized as an assembly between yoke and fixture, some sort of missing washer would be obvious in it no longer functioning.

more details perhaps or close up in photos?

Yes, they are the newer generation having the disc brake on the yoke as opposed to the older clutch style. I've looked at some pictures of other newer lights, and I'm pretty sure that you are right in saying there is no washer between the allen bolt and the yoke.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back