Kattywampus drapes

Catherder

I’ve got a problem with our drapes - after a pandemic’s worth of neglect they’re all kattywampus.

We have a dead hung pipe in a C shape to hang curtains to mask the wings and crossover. I think that when things shut down the facilities guys tied them up to clean and never untied them. Now there are gaps between each drape. Any hot tips on getting these crusty wrinkles out? They’ve been hanging free for a while now (like several months if not a year).

Thanks y’all.

Attachments

• E7BC6797-CE59-49F2-8F5A-338C13670D5A.jpeg
    E7BC6797-CE59-49F2-8F5A-338C13670D5A.jpeg
    400.8 KB · Views: 121
  • 71D8D147-6C4D-4B56-9C3E-3046DC1D7616.jpeg
    71D8D147-6C4D-4B56-9C3E-3046DC1D7616.jpeg
    343.8 KB · Views: 131
Get a hudson sprayer Fill with as hot of water as you can get out of the tap and mist the drops while they're hanging. However do not do this with flame treated drops without spot testing an area to see if the water will make the treatment drip. If they're IFR then you don't need to worry about that.

Get a hudson sprayer Fill with as hot of water as you can get out of the tap and mist the drops while they're hanging. However do not do this with flame treated drops without spot testing an area to see if the water will make the treatment drip. If they're IFR then you don't need to worry about that.
The only thing I would add is that you should spray them from the back side you'll have to use 3 times as much water if you do them from the front. but yes, check the tag first and confirm they are polyester, not cotton, before trying this.

Do they look like that on both ends? I would say drop them and swap them.

Pin the edges of the panels together & let 'em hang for a while. You may not need to spray 'em. If this doesn't work, then spray 'em while they're pinned. (You can take the pins out if U want.)

....And if they are indeed cotton its time to get them sent out and treated anyway. In that process they'll be washed and re-sprayed. They should go back to normal then... or the problem will get way worse.

Thanks for all the replies. I’ll be back in the space tomorrow so I can look for tags and see what’s what. I was thinking a sprayer would do the trick but good to know about the material and FR treatment. And yes, @Footer its probably time to send them out regardless - at the very least they could use a good cleaning.

Thanks for all the replies. I’ll be back in the space tomorrow so I can look for tags and see what’s what. I was thinking a sprayer would do the trick but good to know about the material and FR treatment. And yes, @Footer its probably time to send them out regardless - at the very least they could use a good cleaning.
If they are IFR don't send them out for cleaning. Get yourself a rug beater and whack them around. <not too hard you don't want to damage the ties and grommets.> I believe there is a place here in town that can do them it's just really expensive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back