Keeper of the Keys

Ok, so I'm a techie from Europe.
I have been involved for quite a while by now (I started 11 years ago, but that doesn't mean that that was the only thing I did in the past 11 years...).
I worked in The Netherlands, Germany and Israel.

Someone on blue-room (a UK techie website) pointed me here, I have to say American techies seem to be lurking in the dark and keeping their web-presence a secret more than the UK ones...

I am a lightdesigner/operator/engineer "by nature"(?), but I also have experience as stagehand or sound techie and projection, I just like lighting most.

Soon I will be spending about 2 month in America, NY/NJ area, and I was very much hoping to do some lighting work there too, to broaden my experience.
I am capable to legally work in America, but the low (seemingly close to non-existant) web-presence of American companies makes it kind of hard to contact them about work...

Other than that I am an experienced web-programmer and linux server/network manager, and though money in those areas may be better at the moment I like lights more and want to try to make a living out of that first...

Well I hope that is enough for you :)
Happy new Year to all.

PS: If the Admins would be so nice to change my Nick to "Keeper of the Keys" with either spaces or underscores I would really appreciate that...

Welcome to CB! I bet we can help you get in touch in potential employers. You may also want to check out BackstageJobs and Artsearch, which are two of the major sites for theatre job postings. Artsearch requires a password, but google can usually turn one up for you.

In the mean time, feel free to ask any questions you have, and offer up any answers you can. Have fun here!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back