keeping the wall straight

cisgrig

We are flying some walls (10' flats) with doors. Our wires are attached at the back, bottom of the flats, all flats are tied together, we use a small clamp at the top to keep the wire in a vertical alignment. however, the still tilt slightly downstage, keeping the door from fully opening. We are considering putting some small, off center triangles at the bottom to force it to vertical, but would like some better solutions. There is not much room between battens so anything we add cannot stick out more that 4" either up or downstage. thanks for any ideas

I don't have a lot of flying experience, but it sounds like a balance issue. By having the wires attached on the back of the flat, Mother Gravity is doing her natural thing. I'll bet if you attached the wires to the front of the flat, they'd lean _upstage_ slightly. Is there a way to attach the wires so they're centered on the top of the flat?

You going to have to hang it so it is ballanced. Telling you how to do so is going to be against the CB TOS.

Fix #1: EDITED BY FOOTER

Fix #2: Cut off the bottom of the door a little bit. Chances are that nobody but you will ever notice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not that I don't want to help you here, but I have a feeling you should not be doing what you are doing. I fly walls all the time, with and without doors. Depending on the type of flats (hollywood, broadway, or steel) there are widley accepted ways of flying them that are pretty standardized. You are not using one of the standard ways to fly the piece, you need to get someone in there who can show you how to do this properly. I would love to be able to tell you how to do it, but it is against our rules here to give any type of rigging advice.

I am glad to hear you are bottom hanging the piece, that is the safest way to do it. You should never rig anything from the top of a piece. I am also concerned with "the little clip". You need to get someone in there who has done this before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back