Kite Gobo

blueeyesdesigns

Shot in the dark here, but does anyone have any gobos of a single old-fashioned diamond kite they'd be willing to lend? Bonus points if it's 27.9/24mm; the right size for a MAC Quantum Profile.
Show's pretty low-budget, but venue has the movers already. Current plan is to do the old pie-tin gobo in a conventional ERS, but I don't know if there will be a person available to puppeteer it. It'd be nice to have a plan 'B' in my pocket.

Last edited:
Charlie Brown? I made an ultra realistic flying kite for ours.. can send you a diagram. Rigging relatively simple.. Actor could toss it up himself and "fly it" with no other crew intervention other than handing him the pre rigged prop. 2:1 pulley makes for more realistic "dance"

Attachments

• kite.pdf
    25.3 KB · Views: 206
Last edited:
Charlie Brown? I made an ultra realistic flying kite for ours.. can send you a diagram. Rigging relatively simple.. Actor could toss it up himself and "fly it" with no other crew intervention other than handing him the pre rigged prop. 2:1 pulley makes for more realistic "dance"

Little Women, but same idea. Thanks for the sketch! I'll pass it on to the TD (I'm LD on this one). They're contemplating something involving a traveler track that sounds a lot more complicated than your suggestion...

Little Women, but same idea. Thanks for the sketch! I'll pass it on to the TD (I'm LD on this one). They're contemplating something involving a traveler track that sounds a lot more complicated than your suggestion...
I knew the mom of a young woman who was in Mary Poppins on Broadway Swing and understudy for Mrs Banks. ... she gave us the deluxe backstage tour... Even Broadway's "Let's go fly a kite" Was a bunch of zebco fishing reels screwed to an ancient wooden post in the New Amsterdam Theater.

if you have a cricut and a soda can, you can make one. We recently had to do that for a Young Audience show that we produced.

Shot in the dark here, but does anyone have any gobos of a single old-fashioned diamond kite they'd be willing to lend? Bonus points if it's 27.9/24mm; the right size for a MAC Quantum Profile.
Show's pretty low-budget, but venue has the movers already. Current plan is to do the old pie-tin gobo in a conventional ERS, but I don't know if there will be a person available to puppeteer it. It'd be nice to have a plan 'B' in my pocket.

I used to work for the Spartanburg Little Theatre in Spartanburg SC. I had a 'B' size round simple kited made. It should still be in the gobo file there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back