Vintage Lighting Kliegl #71E

ship

Senior Team Emeritus
Premium Member
Found some at a county highshool during a drape install. They look mint - other than the wiring and no doubt lamp sockets. Hopefully I'll get them or one soon. If I get all four, I'll send the others out to the various museums/collections.

http://klieglbros.com/catalogs/54c50/catalog54c1950.htm page 31 and 32

Otherwise I offered to rewire/restore them. Had a thought on the discontinued 2Kw G-40 lamps for them. If the 1Kw DPT is still on the market, I believe it's the same LCL but will have to verify. Just happen to have some of both lamps.

Otherwise option B' is to use a Mog Screw to Medium Screw adaptor and a Lamp Socket Extender to mount a medium screw 400G30SP lamp in them. If I remember correctly... almost as if made to work properly in adapting by design. If I remember correctly.... or was it something else such as A-23 or A-21 to A-19 in extending. Could otherwise just jack up the lamp socket or change it to medium screw with a platform under it. Could even go halogen at that point in changing to a different lamp base. Easy and cheap to make the lights viable again for what they are.

Won't be a lot of output if 400 Watt, but there will be some to help their only other lighting in the gymatorium... a 30' downstage boarder light with outlets atop it for plugging in other (long gone) lights until they can afford a gymatorium upgrade from the 50's construction.

Attachments

• kliegl 71E a.jpg
    kliegl 71E a.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 169
  • kliegl 71E b.jpg
    kliegl 71E b.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 138
  • kliegl 71E c.jpg
    kliegl 71E c.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread