KLS Lighting Console and Dimmers

Les

Take a look at this. Last night I was doing some searching on ebay and in my search for "lighting console" I came across these results.

12 CH DIMMER BOARD CONTROLLER - eBay (item 110383320703 end time May-05-09 13:54:02 PDT)

and

DIMMER PACKS 4CH DIMMER PACK - 1000W PER CH/2400W - eBay (item 120413217531 end time May-05-09 13:52:54 PDT)

Has anyone ever heard of KLS before? I've never seen anything like this before, but the idea of buying a small 12ch board for $26 is pretty good. The only caveats are that 1) It's made in China and 2) it uses some protocol other than DMX (apparently). The ports are 6 pin and they don't state anywhere what the actual language is. So If you were to buy this board and 3 dimmer packs at a whopping total of about $120 and the board breaks (highly likely) you can't even use the dimmer packs for small effects that the other cheap DMX dimmer packs are capable of. The dimmer packs advertise 1,000w per channel, 2400w total but the ad says 1,000w per channel, 2,000w total. Not sure which is right but I'd go with the screen print on the pack itself. There is no UL listing visible but it is CE approved. It also passed quality control from the looks of it.

Me, personally, I'd like a board but I'm personally holding out for something better. I'm actually considering getting something like the Zero88 frog. There is a seller on ebay with Zero88 gear and they have a frog for about $1300 apparently new in box. Something like that would be great, and I could see something like this KLS system sitting and collecting dust. What does everyone else think? Would you consider buying this board just because it costs less than an oil change, or is it a complete waste of money?

Also, check out their store. Lots of interesting parts like stepper motors, scanner mirrors, Colorwheels, and protocol converter boards.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Les, you may have already viewed the KLS website for more 'company details', but if not:

KLS Lighting

I sure hadn't. Thanks for the link!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back