Kreg track saw jig

Amiers

Renting to Corporate One Fixture at a Time.
Woof rough first 2 reviews.
008119BB-27BA-4494-80B6-97056FFECA11.png

Catherder

Yeah it’s one of those things where I see a lot of good reviews and a lot of bad reviews - which is why I’m hoping to hear from some folks here. Are the bad reviews a user error thing or is it actually a piece of junk?

Lasermike

I had one and the rip guide also. They worked but they took more effort to set up and break down than I liked. Plus the carrier didn’t fit my Milwaukee saw all that well. I gave them away and picked out a Wen track saw kit plus a couple of the longer rails. I’m very happy with what I have. Easy to set up, the saw fits the rails perfectly without needing a bunch of tweaking and test cuts. The current version isn’t backward compatible but I’ve not needed parts in the 3-4 years I’ve had it.

Used it a couple weeks ago to trim down a 1-1/2” butcher block counter and enlarge the too small sink opening. Worked a treat.

Michael

Malabaristo

I took an in-between approach myself: bought the Wen track, but made my own plate to fit a regular circular saw by routing a matching groove in a piece of plywood. It's a little fiddly to get the initial alignment perfect, but not a bad option if you can semi-permanently dedicate a saw to it (so you only have to get it aligned once). It's not table-saw accurate, but much better than freehand--and easier than just a regular saw with a straightedge guide. I've never used a real track saw for comparison...

Users who are viewing this thread