Kreg track saw jig

Woof rough first 2 reviews.
008119BB-27BA-4494-80B6-97056FFECA11.png

Yeah it’s one of those things where I see a lot of good reviews and a lot of bad reviews - which is why I’m hoping to hear from some folks here. Are the bad reviews a user error thing or is it actually a piece of junk?

I would just make a jig for your saw and save yourself the money.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I had one and the rip guide also. They worked but they took more effort to set up and break down than I liked. Plus the carrier didn’t fit my Milwaukee saw all that well. I gave them away and picked out a Wen track saw kit plus a couple of the longer rails. I’m very happy with what I have. Easy to set up, the saw fits the rails perfectly without needing a bunch of tweaking and test cuts. The current version isn’t backward compatible but I’ve not needed parts in the 3-4 years I’ve had it.

Used it a couple weeks ago to trim down a 1-1/2” butcher block counter and enlarge the too small sink opening. Worked a treat.

Michael

Thanks for the responses everyone. Think at this point I’ll save some money and skip this one. Focus on improving the homemade guide I have instead.

I took an in-between approach myself: bought the Wen track, but made my own plate to fit a regular circular saw by routing a matching groove in a piece of plywood. It's a little fiddly to get the initial alignment perfect, but not a bad option if you can semi-permanently dedicate a saw to it (so you only have to get it aligned once). It's not table-saw accurate, but much better than freehand--and easier than just a regular saw with a straightedge guide. I've never used a real track saw for comparison...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back