Kreios replacement?

RickR

Paging @DELO72

I've just been told the Kreios FL line is discontinued. Please say it ain't so!

So apparently I'm in search of a replacement work light and need your recommendations. A basic broad flood with reasonable white light, inexpensive for the output but must be UL and solid gear. No hardware store no name stuff.

@BillConnerFASTC @MNicolai you've said you use the Kreios. Have you crossed this bridge?

As a Dealer I have not heard that the entire Kreios Line has been discontinued. Yes the FL60 was discontinued but the FLX90 is still available. The FLX90 went through a work stop last year because of some performance/hardware issues but they have started production again. I just sold 6 in December.

Paging @DELO72

I've just been told the Kreios FL line is discontinued. Please say it ain't so!

So apparently I'm in search of a replacement work light and need your recommendations. A basic broad flood with reasonable white light, inexpensive for the output but must be UL and solid gear. No hardware store no name stuff.

@BillConnerFASTC @MNicolai you've said you use the Kreios. Have you crossed this bridge?

It ain't so. Who is telling you this so I can fix their misinformation? The KREIOS FL 60W had to be discontinued as the LED we used was discontinued, and it would have been a massive undertaking to find and qualify a new module, and then send it out for ETL testing, etc., etc. The KREIOS FLx 90W (Dimmable one) is still available and we have tons of inventory.

Controlbooth to the rescue!

@DELO72 Stagecraft sent the substitution request, so maybe we can get @Van to gently tell Ted the good news. We've known of the 60w demise for some time now. To me dimming the 90 is as good as a 60! So request denied.

Thanks

Controlbooth to the rescue!

@DELO72 Stagecraft sent the substitution request, so maybe we can get @Van to gently tell Ted the good news. We've known of the 60w demise for some time now. To me dimming the 90 is as good as a 60! So request denied.

Thanks
Sorry, have no Idea to what you are referring. It sounds as if you have Teds contact information. Perhaps you should attempt to contact him.

Sorry, have no Idea to what you are referring. It sounds as if you have Teds contact information. Perhaps you should attempt to contact him.

No worries, this is a state funded, fully formal bid with a paper trail a mile long. And a follow up note showing we have a 60 vs 90 confusion.

Resurrecting this thread.

I have a Kreios FL 60 that is starting to fail. It's clearly a heat-related issue since it's currently intermittent. Osram support told me the FL 60 is discontinued and they have no repair or replacement parts, nor can they provide any schematics or parts lists for board level repair. In fact, their only suggestion was to see if some distributor might have one in a warehouse somewhere but not pointing me at anybody who runs the warehouse.

What's the replacement? Is a single FLX 90 going to look out of place among the other 7 FL 60s?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back