Labeling macro; Ion

Hey guys! I'm programming a show where we are linking projections with an ETC Ion. I'm creating a ton of cues specific to projections, and as such have many cues to label "projections". Is there a way to set up a macro to fill the label in for me, so I don't have to type it out every time? I've tried doing it through learning macro, but the letters aren't registering after I press label. Thanks!

You can label multiple cues at once, by selecting them all ("Cue 1 Thru 900"), then assigning them all a label at once. If the cues are interspersed throughout the cue list, you could also try querying by, say, whatever channel controls the projector dowser, and then labeling that selection of cues.

You should be able to make a macro the way you intend, however. Are you using an external keyboard?

You can label multiple cues at once, by selecting them all ("Cue 1 Thru 900"), then assigning them all a label at once. If the cues are interspersed throughout the cue list, you could also try querying by, say, whatever channel controls the projector dowser, and then labeling that selection of cues.

You should be able to make a macro the way you intend, however. Are you using an external keyboard?

I am using an external keyboard. I tried going into the macro editer, but the ion automatically converts the keystrokes into hotkey commands, and I can't figure out how to change it...

I have a macro that relabels another macro I use as a place holder when busking the syntax on that is "Macro 100 Label NAME {Enter}". Once you press label in the macro editor it brings up an onscreen keyboard to type on. Use this to type out your text and press enter. Don't worry about the macro name stuff in the front it doesn't get applied.T

his works for the current version of software on older versions you may have to have scroll lock on to edit text.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back