Large PAR (46/56/64) lamps

Just saw an email from Creative Stage Lighting today... they are selling off their "used" lamps. Interesting and if needed, there is a source.

I wonder if an Ohm's test can detect how "used" a lamp is?

Got my lamps at least a month + ago appairently. (Put in a rush for accounting Dpt. to pay the bill I have been rejecting.) Lamps were dropped off to a different department that didn't open the boxes or ask why they were storing them. Satco!!! never thought of them or heard of them (Known of brand) supplying such a lamp, Eiko/Wiko was a no but forgot about that Satco brand in asking or knowing they also did them. Thanks in me not considering them. Satco needs better marketing in otherwise background noise of suppliers confused with Eiko and with lower respect for brand - just is that way or has been that way since before most "name brands" sold off lamp operations. They
satc0 as per smaller, but known brand (sedondary brand) should have had better outreach - especially given the above problem. Thouroughy are screwing the pooch in marketing and defining their brand at this time. Ushio broke away from the second in quality to GE/Philips/Osram "Quality lamps" at some point... Satco might have in missed oppertunity given the PAR 64 lamp problem. On the other hand if quality lamps... could become the new name as per last known brand making them. Or could be crap in quality in at this point alll other current brands of PAR 64 lamp might be.

It's a dying lamp platform and in new usages will be avoided, that makes it harder to justify making better quality lamps or upgrades to them.

Last edited:
Not sure if this has been mentioned elsewhere but Satco claims to still have PAR lamps.

I reached out to them and got back the following: "We are still stocking the S4673. They are safe and we will continue to stock them."

Anyone want to weigh in?

https://www.satco.com/s4673.html

Those are the Long-Life (4000 hr), Architectural PAR64s. Therefore, since we never launched those out of China, they are likely (if Sylvania or GE brand) former "Made in the USA" versions. All good.

Those are the Long-Life (4000 hr), Architectural PAR64s. Therefore, since we never launched those out of China, they are likely (if Sylvania or GE brand) former "Made in the USA" versions. All good.

So, these are still in production? Or is this likely remaining stock? Just trying to get clarification. I just received a few units today, and they are stamped SATCO but no mention of China (though they are in the very thin white boxes).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back