Laser Wire for Lightning effect

Tower of Terror Theater

So I recently was told about a product called Laser Wire manufactured by a website here: https://www.ellumiglow.com/laser-wire This company makes a variety of lighted wires, and fiberoptic cables. The Laser wire product is essentially a fiberoptic strand with a laser emitter at one or both ends. This particular product is optimized so that the light is seen along its length. Because the light is emitted along a length of fiber, there are limits to the length of fiber that will give a good effect. In the demo shown in the video below I am using an approximate 8 foot fiber length with a single laser emitter at one end. Using emitters at both ends a good effect can be obtained to about 26ft. In my project I wanted to recreate a lightning effect in a darkened room. I was hoping that the 1mm fiberoptic fiber would not be noticable if just glued to a darkened wall, but it is noticeable because in its unlit state is has a bright yellowish (almost fluorescent) appearance. So I taped it to the inside a perforated elevator door wrap to conceal the fiber when unlit. The fiber is like a fishing line, so it is easy to form lots of turns and twists like lightning. Here is the result. I have another higher brightness laser emitters on the way which I can overlap over the one you see here to make a more realistic lightning efect.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
So I recently was told about a product called Laser Wire manufactured by a website here: https://www.ellumiglow.com/laser-wire This company makes a variety of lighted wires, and fiberoptic cables. The Laser wire product is essentially a fiberoptic strand with a laser emitter at one or both ends. This particular product is optimized so that the light is seen along its length. Because the light is emitted along a length of fiber, there are limits to the length of fiber that will give a good effect. In the demo shown in the video below I am using an approximate 8 foot fiber length with a single laser emitter at one end. Using emitters at both ends a good effect can be obtained to about 26ft. In my project I wanted to recreate a lightning effect in a darkened room. I was hoping that the 1mm fiberoptic fiber would not be noticable if just glued to a darkened wall, but it is noticeable because in its unlit state is has a bright yellowish (almost fluorescent) appearance. So I taped it to the inside a perforated elevator door wrap to conceal the fiber when unlit. The fiber is like a fishing line, so it is easy to form lots of turns and twists like lightning. Here is the result. I have another higher brightness laser emitters on the way which I can overlap over the one you see here to make a more realistic lightning efect.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Looking GOOD Sir; so many possibilities spring to mind. Envision a single strike with two alternately forked tails.
Excellent!
SEASON’S BEST!!
Be well. Stay healthy. Avoid Corona and
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

Users who are viewing this thread

Back