Lasers. oooh! Sharks.

I've got about 20 1mw max lasers, with power supplys for 120-240v, 47-400hz input.
With no idea what to do with them.
I'd like as many crazy ideas you can come up with, from effects, to just crazy ideas to use them for in 'real life' and other things :)
Thanks!

Not much of a lighting guy or expert on this. I'm not sure if this is more of scanner app, but I've always been a big fan of lasers occasionally flashing across the house. I once did this with light beams (particially closed source four) with haze. It looked great, hazers really help this sort of thing. I've always have always enjoyed a matching/complementary cyc or scrim color with the lasers either placed either on the floor or flown from extreme upstage about a yard in front of the cyc/scrim. Either shooting upward and forward on a steep angle or downward and forward on a steep angle. They look kinda nice criss crossing curtain warmers and for short periods w/audience blinders. I also like if they flash and sweep the house during preshow or in between sets/scenes/acts/whatever. I once saw a great show with technobeams sweeping a house at preshow and it was synced perfectly with the music. It started the show in such a professional way because all of the sudden these beams just attacked you. Hopefully I was some help to you, I guess I know what I like, but hopefully I'm making sense heh.

Helium Neons
HeNe
max of about 1mw of red lite, each.

Applications?
Anything from small black box theatres, to large scale 'broadway size' productions.
Anything from house party DJing, to club DJing.
Anything from small scale bands in a home, to fair size rock concerts.

Essentialy anything you can come up with ideas for. lol... I'm kind of trying to justify what I'm going to do with these right now...
Anything, even messing with cats, making them chase the dot of light.

Lol, its really open.

I have never heard of them... are they DMX programmable? I can't see using lasers in any theatrical productions but DJing they add a cool effect. Just check local ordanances before using.

I have never heard of them... are they DMX programmable? I can't see using lasers in any theatrical productions but DJing they add a cool effect. Just check local ordanances before using.

digitaltec said:

Lol, their not a brand name, its a type of laser.
Seriously, these are just lasers, with a power supply box, no DMX control, nothing special, just literaly, a Laser. lol...

Um...cool effect when you shine them through fog?

Those laser shows are fun, when you use one or more differently colored lasers and run them in tight arcs (usually precisely motorized mirrors) to make shapes and letters on some sort of projection surface, but that takes special equipment. I've only seen them at rock concerts and planetariums. There's a lot of information (in English!) on http://www.laserfx.com/ if you're interested.

Good luck! Let us know what you end up using them for...I'm curious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back