laserworld laser, setting the dmx??

hi, i have a laserworld rs-800 rgy laser which has been running on sound to light mode for some time, today i decided, as i had some time on my hands, to get it running on dmx via my laptop (usb2dmx lead and freestyler) but i cant seem to get it working

hoping someone can help me !!

regards

This is likely more an issue with your controller than with the fixture. I don't know the fixture, but if it has dip switches, there's probably 10 or 12, so that the panel can be used to do internal programs and also dmx. One of the upper switches (10, 11, or 12) probably turns dmx protocol on or off. Check the manual. It's here http://www.laserworld.com/fileadmin/files/Manuals_neu/EL-200RGY-en.pdf and reading page 5 and 6 (which took me less than one minute to find) indicates that for dmx operation dip switch 10 should be "off"

As for the controller, likely there is no profile in it for that specific product. If you feel comfortable writing one, I would first set up a profile for a generic dimmer and manually track through each one, seeing what dmx values do to the fixture for each channel. Then create a profile that makes programming easier. Page 6 of the above references the channel layout.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back