Last time you were in the theater...

Just got out of meetings this morning. Have to be back in 2 hours to load in a large concert which I am designing/running.

The Doodlebops ... need I say more?

I love those shows!

I have alot of those concerts. I've gotten sick of just sitting through shows, so for some of them I use the simple shows to try out new things.

We rent out the theater and there aways has to be one production staff member in the theater at all times. Its really strange to watch a show in our space and do absolutely nothing.

The last time I was in the theater...

that was this past Saturday. 8am-1:30pm Yeah, five-and-a-half hours!... and I maybe did 5 minutes worth of work. Makes it worth getting up the same time as a regular schoolday... except not.

welll

last time i was in a theatre and no one was around

i rebuilt a 12 Mac2k performance and replaced servos, motors, colors, cmy, and lenses

i also decided well why not rebuild the audio system

this consisted of 4 nexo geo T line arrays with 12 Cabs each side
Midas XL8
Crown I-Tech power amps
Delays and all the other bits and pieces controllers, etc etc

after that i thought well what do i do now, so went round and hung a hamock on 2 of the fly bars raised it up a little padlocked the flys so the other techs couldnt put me to the top of the fly tower and fell asleep :)

I recorded a performance of a singer and pianist at our concert hall. Hope those count. A pic:

proxy.php

Unfortunately, now that I've gone back and listened to the recording, I think we had the stereo mics patched backwards :oops:

i spent like 4.5 hours paint our flats that i have to bring in and out on the flies and i did electrics which is something else i do other than being the fly operator haha i just yelled at the pit for walking under my moving flats today it was fun and before that we ran the second act of our school musical which its quite fun to listen to :grin: :mrgreen:

I was focusing some lights for an upcoming chorus concert and doing some clean-up after our recent production of "Little Shop" which we dont load out till Saturday.

Tonight I did both Sound and Lights for Oliver.
Then struck the board, and the mics... all twenty four of them.
As well as struck the lighting board...
and got ready to take them back to our high school. (the show was the middle schools.)
its quite fun to run both lights and sound.
>.>

sometimes i question why I am involved with my drama department... then I think to myself... well the reason i'm stuck doing both is because there IS no one else.
Hopefully she will increase my pay. (unlikely...)

Today on my way in to the Pageant I stopped at Home Despot to pick up 160 ft. of 1 in. EMT conduit and miscellaneous other electrical parts in order to start the electrical runs for our new motorized roll drop. I have to do two separate conduit runs for power and control because I'm dealing with two different voltages, 120 volts and 24 volts respectively. Now, 1 in. conduit is actually considerably larger than I need for this installation (1/2 in. would meet code for the number of conductors I'm running.), but there is a very good chance that we're going to purchase a second motorized drop next year and I only want to have to run the conduit once, besides, you can never have too much conduit space.

I love projects like this. They provide a fun challenge by allowing me to exercise my hard electrical skills, plus there is a real sense of accomplishment that comes with knowing that something I installed will still be there 20 years from now.

Same thing I do every day... kept the kids from burning the place down and made sure they left with all the appendages they showed up with.
I feel your pain...
We legged up a couple of step units then tested and repaired some old fresnels.

Messed around with one of my RoboScans and discovered that my Innovator 24/48 managed to rewrite its soft patching over the summer, so now I have to fix that manually before we get any work done. I'm sooooo excited about that.

Note to self: tell director and development department that we need a new board more than anything else (besides a few more Source Fours).

Oh so true, so true. Especially since I'm the one who gets to miss class to turn the lights on then sleep the rest of the period. But I would never admit to the teachers & administrators.
:whistle:

:evil:
they have a person who is some facilities manager do that at my school. Although, most assemblies and stuff are in the gym not theatre.
But one of the annual shows is in the middle of the day, since it is catered towards school children.

Sometimes I wonder why I can't just stay in the theatre all day making everything perfect. And besides, it's not like I'd be wasting my time doing things unrelated to my education.

In the first place God made idiots. This was for practice. Then He made school boards. -Twain

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back