Last time you were in the theater...

Sometimes I wonder why I can't just stay in the theatre all day making everything perfect.

I spend maybe half an hour a day in the theater, making stuff perfect. That way, I always have something to do every day. If I spent the whole day in there, I'd be done within a week.

I spend maybe half an hour a day in the theater, making stuff perfect. That way, I always have something to do every day. If I spent the whole day in there, I'd be done within a week.

Your statement is quite valid. However, by making things perfect I meant
  • making things
  • making them perfect
  • fixing stuff
  • demystifying many of our new devices
  • coordinating this one concept I have with a friend (who is really into music) of a whole concert thing that goes beyond the typical orchestra performance
  • finishing installing our approximately 100 LED house wall washes (these are pretty much just a gimmick and not really useful - they're wired in groups not individually - so individual control (and chases) is out of the question)
  • filling out college apps
and repeating the first two items

aaaaanyway - last time I was there I was running some loooooooooonnnnngggggggg gospel service during one of the hottest weeks our region has seen (metal roof and no AC)

Last edited:
Earlier today for the play the Matchmaker I made two platforms, and helped the tech director put in the siding for an opening in the wall and reinforcing that.

Ehh, why not. This is as good a 150th post as anything...

I was in the theatre almost the entire day today. Our Seussical production opens in 5 days, and this was the major tech day. This morning was Act I tech, and this afternoon was Act II. Tonight was set work. I helped make green eggs and ham, helped drag a 50' painted/sculpted clover field drop down the street in it's move from the smaller theatre where it was painted to the PAC where the show is, and painted in Whoville and the Jungle of Nool (as well as giving myself a decent coat of paint in the process).

It was a long day. And we go again tomorrow. I should go to bed.

Re: Last time you were in the theatre...

Was last at the theatre Friday afternoon. Saw a designer's run, had a production meeting, and spread pins on a cooking plug before evening performance of the current show.

I've been holed up at home since, developing this next lighting design. Hang is Monday evening. :cool:

Tested some wireless mics, tried to get the booth speakers working again (hasn't worked right since a rental a few weeks ago), helped fly a 400lb wooden "MONTY" sign (for "The Full Monty") which may have been the most terrifying thing I've ever done, photocopied a script, marked said script for mics, then went home.

4/9/10- Battle of the Bands. 4 tv's on a cart, no strap, wheelchair ramp 20 min you get the idea. x2

Today: Drama Board meeting and designing lights for a small student production.

Tomorrow and Wednesday: Talent show auditions. I am one of the evaluators so I somehow have to help take 60-80 acts down to 15-20. This should be fun! :twisted:

Crawled in during a performance underneath the seating bank to fix a malfunctioning G300. The malfunction: the ASM forgot to turn it on. Then went to a talkback and ACTF response. They liked my work.

As our current production is taking place in a "found space" I've been out of the theatre alot lately. However the last time I was in I was waiting around for our annual fire/safety inspection. The guys were late, then I had to wait around for them to finish.
Was there from 8:15 to 12:00 for them... All the while with other stuff to do at the other space, and absolutely nothing to do in the theatre proper.

Then they proceeded to fail our sprinkler system due to the original installation (done like 30 years ago) not meeting code. Joy.

This is kind of an interesting one...

Last time I was in the theatre was a trip to the roof of the fly tower to watch the space station fly over. Our TD is a NASA-aholic so we will take little "field trips" up there from time to time. Time before last, the shuttle had just undocked from the ISS, so we were able to see the ISS fly past followed closely by the shuttle.

Theatre: Did a rig check, had some lunch, did a rig check, did a matinée, had some dinner, did an evening show, closed show.

School: Ran a Battle of the Bands show and walked home with a box of 12 Krispy Kreme doughnuts :)

Theatre: Did a rig check, had some lunch, did a rig check, did a matinée, had some dinner, did an evening show, closed show.

School: Ran a Battle of the Bands show and walked home with a box of 12 Krispy Kreme doughnuts :)

Kelite said:
...looking for an all night sugar buzz are we?

:drool:

Thats weaksauce, in terms of doughnuts. Last time I was at the krispy kreme at night, I might have gotten like 15-20 boxes ;) (hooray for being a poor college student?)

Then they started locking their dumpster. Hosers. The local chip mfg. does too. Its like impossible to get any waste food anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back