Latest build wireless

BillESC

8 digital receivers, Unipak transmitters, lavalier mics and an eight channel mixer for a high school in Pennsylvania.
DelVal 1.jpg

Attachments

• DelVal 2.jpg
    DelVal 2.jpg
    461.8 KB · Views: 172
How well are the 2.4 gHz units holding up?

I have 4 units in my rental department for about two years now. Not one problem so far. Get used once or twice a w eek.
Where's the individual EQ per receiver?
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

Folks,

I build them as specified within budget perimeters given.
So at what price point does the Talent Injector feature get enabled? /nudge, wink

I'm mostly reading along because my experience with 2.4gHz wireless mics has been neither good nor recent, and I suspect these systems have improved since then. Good to hear they're working for you, Bill.

So at what price point does the Talent Injector feature get enabled? /nudge, wink

I'm mostly reading along because my experience with 2.4gHz wireless mics has been neither good nor recent, and I suspect these systems have improved since then. Good to hear they're working for you, Bill.
The Talent Injector feature replaces the variable Q suck knobs when the "perimeters" become Parameters.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

What make of drawer is that? I've got some 2U and 4U MidAtlantic drawers specced in a proposal right now, but maybe they're not the best...

Serious question- no issues with so many antennas so close together? In my experience we always would use an antenna distro with so many units in a single rack.

It's 2.4gHz wireless, so tiny tiny wavelengths at play here.

The series of wireless in these photos allow you to pop out the antenna module and place them remotely. So if the end-user wanted to, they could pop a module out, throw it on a stand, and then link all of the receivers together via RJ45 on the rear. They have a few options with what they have in this photo - there are no real 2.4gHz antenna distros on the market that I know of.

Answered for me and well.
Thanks for your posts on this rig, Bill.

As I mentioned earlier, my experience with 2.4gHz wireless systems was not good but was at about 8 year ago. You've probably installed or at least touched many such systems over those years.

What have you found to work best/most consistently - both product and especially practices?

Thanks for your posts on this rig, Bill.

As I mentioned earlier, my experience with 2.4gHz wireless systems was not good but was at about 8 year ago. You've probably installed or at least touched many such systems over those years.

What have you found to work best/most consistently - both product and especially practices?
Tim,

I have over 60 of Audio Technicas System 10-Pro units in the field currently, installed over the past couple years. There has yet to be any issues, drop outs or problems reported to me.

Last edited:
with so much IOT equipment including Zigbee and Z-Wave smart building technology also crowding the 2.4 spectrum, its something I steer far away from as possible. Glad its working for you!

Just like @Ben Stiegler I'm (happily) surprised 2.4 GHz is behaving well. I only used 2.4 GHz in small venues with plug-on thumb-sized units from X-vive. In the big box, the mics tested perfectly at long and close range in an empty theater. But on show night, once that place filled up with 600 phone-wielding rf-soaking bodies (and IT had come in at night and quickly put in guest wi-fi nodes) I got plenty dropout. Those dongles have their use, but I learned to put them on 2-4foot xlr cords and fan them out (as opposed to plugging them into adjacent jacks on the board or stage box.)

My experience matches neal grover. I am firmly a digital audio over UHF guy when budgets permit. We sell 25 plus multichannel systems a year with great success, and for budget less than friendly clients we have our creative audio analog UHF sytems that have proven remmarkely reliable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back