LD-360 HP problem

soundlight

So I'm currently using 3 Leprecon LD-360 HP 6-ch dimmer packs for a benefit show that I'm doing. Only problem is, I can't get them to work. I load in the show tomorrow morning at 9am, and the doors open at 6pm tomorrow, so I'm pre-programming tonight. When I plug in any of the three dimmer packs, and hook up power and DMX to it (I'm using an Express if that makes a difference), and set the address via the little thumbwheel switches, and then the status LED flashes at 4 Hz, which according to the manual means "address out of range", solution: "reset address" or something like that. Anyone had this problem before? I kinda need working dimmers, and currently I don't have 'em. I really need some help on this one quick to get these things working tonight.

Dimmers are patched in. I'm sending data to them. The data run is directly out of the console to the dimmer packs via a good, tested DMX cable, no mic cable, and there is a terminator in line. Everything in this system is 5-pin.

Another development:

I've discovered with all of the packs that if I only turn on the channels 1-3 breaker, it tells me that there is no data connected. If I turn on the breaker for 4-6, it tells me that the "pack address is too high".

Here's the manual: http://www.leprecon.com/productfiles/211043B360DMXmanual.pdf

Does the problem occur no matter what address you set? Does it happen on more than one pack? Could be one of the thumbwheels is bad, try using address 001. Also is there a setting to change from DMX to Microplex or other protocol? Finally, some packs won't accept an address over 256.

Sometimes I've had to set a pack to 001, and then run thru all dimmers to see what the pack thinks it's address is, and worked around that. Another thing to try is to lower the DMX refresh rate, should be under the Express's setup menu.

I would say that this is just a fluke of one pack, but the same thing happens with ALL THREE PACKS that I'm using. A local production company donated all of the gear for this weekend, and they've gone home now (office hours 9am-5pm), and I don't want to impose on them too much since we're not a paying client.

Even when the address is set to 001 or even 000, there is still the same issue.

Last edited:
Soundlight, give this until 11 or so tonight. If you have no solution by then throw the question onto both Lightnetwork and the Stagecraft Listserv. Be sure to make mention of the charity event, the "make-a-wish" and whatever advertisement deal you cut with your donator. This sets you up with a possible plan B, in that so many people read the Stagecraft Listserv, that you might get one in your area willing to lend out dimmer packs for the evening in order to help make-a-wish.

~Charlie

Who would have thought? Look what I just found on Leprecon's website:
[top]Emergency Information:

After hours emergency service - Pager # 1-888-224-5256

Call them, that's what they're there for, to solve their user's problems. (Just had to use "they're, there, and their" all in one sentence.)

Problem solved. My brother took the liberty of accidentally unpatching the board while I was in the bathroom, after I had just checked it. I'm doing the lighting for the benefit show that his youth group is running, so he wanted to get in on the action too.

Problem solved. My brother took the liberty of accidentally unpatching the board while I was in the bathroom, after I had just checked it. I'm doing the lighting for the benefit show that his youth group is running, so he wanted to get in on the action too.
Sounds like it's time for a little "talk".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back