LDI 2008 Vegas anybody?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am seriously thinking about going if my show does not interfere. I am supposed to be mounting Beauty and the Beast the week before Thanksgiving and just don't know if I will be able to make it work this year... Keep me posted about anything that may be coming down the pike!!

We are definitely planning an informal CB get together early in the evening on Friday night (right after the show floor closes). Early enough that if you want to just say hello and move on you will have plenty of evening ahead of you, others may want to hang out and talk about what a punk Hughsie is for a while over a cold beverage. Derek will be distributing secret information about the event when we get closer. If you are going to LDI, be sure to let it be known in this thread so that we know who to send the information about the CB Convention.

I originally planned to attend, but college, shows, school, and all that jazz has gotten in the way.

Don't sweat it Hughsie. "Punk"'s NOT dead.

(but don't be fooled...Good Charlotte's not punk. They're just Cheap Trick with louder guitars.)

:)

I'll be there. I'm just waiting on our accounting department to approve the expenditure before I register. Hopefully it will be within the next week.

Okay, so it took me two weeks to get it approved, but I am now officially registered for LDI. I'll be taking a couple of classes while I'm there: Ohm's Law and Order - Don't Let the Smoke Out: Essential Electrical Training and Theatrical Special Effects.

It should be fun. I'll see y'all there.

Okay, so it took me two weeks to get it approved, but I am now officially registered for LDI. I'll be taking a couple of classes while I'm there: Ohm's Law and Order - Don't Let the Smoke Out: Essential Electrical Training and Theatrical Special Effects.

Don't forget SWAG for those of us who can't go....... :(

I registered for the same class. I've heard mixed reveiws of it, but decided to go for it anyway.

My thoughts exactly. Several of my co-workers have been studying to take the ETCP exam (at a time I unfortunately can't attend) so I figured this might be a way to brush up on some of the stuff I forgot (or never learned right in the first place). Time to get new batteries for the calculator!

My thoughts exactly. Several of my co-workers have been studying to take the ETCP exam (at a time I unfortunately can't attend) so I figured this might be a way to brush up on some of the stuff I forgot (or never learned right in the first place). Time to get new batteries for the calculator!

If I could, I'd take the rigging seminar too, but I can't as it overlaps the electrical seminar. I'll see you in class.:mrgreen:

Just purchased my CB hat for LDI. It's a bit expensive when the tack on the shipping. But you will all be able to spot me.

Best of all Dave gets a couple bucks out of it. Be one of the cool kids at LDI.

Just purchased my CB hat for LDI. It's a bit expensive when the tack on the shipping. But you will all be able to spot me.

Maybe you should all chose a day to wear CB gear and identify yourselves as the hardcore geeks we are. (Oh wait, this is LDI... it's all hardcore geeks!)

If I could, I'd take the rigging seminar too, but I can't as it overlaps the electrical seminar. I'll see you in class.:mrgreen:

I've taken the rigging class a couple of times. I like the ones that are more hands on though (well, to be honest the last one I took from Jay was a condensed one day course, so that could have something to do with it). I had serious conflict of interest with this and the Hippotizer class.

Well, I'll have to keep an eye out for you. It's official, I'll be at LDI Friday, Saturday, and maybe Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back