LDI 2013

StNic54

Did I hear it's back in Vegas, and no to Orlando? Anyone? Bueller?

At the awards presentation, they said "Next year in Las Vegas"

The word I heard was that the number of dealers attending the Orlando shows has been getting smaller and smaller, and there has also been less and less people attending the conferences. It appears everyone wants to go to Vegas. So it's been semi-permanently moved to Vegas for the next 5 years. Then they will re-evaluate.

Last edited:
The word I heard was that the number of dealers attending the Orlando shows has been getting smaller and smaller, and there has also been less and less people attending the conferences. It appears everyone wants to go to Vegas. So it's been semi-permanently moved to Vegas for the next 5 years. Then they will re-evaluate.

Actually we are confirmed in Las Vegas for 2013 and 2014.. after that we will re-evaluate.. so it would be three years in Vegas (2012-2013 and 2014) not five...

Welcome to The Booth Elgreaux. I'm going to take a "wild guess" that you are Ellen Lampert-Greaux LDI Conference Director. Thanks for your generous show access for us on the CB staff. We shot a lot of video on the floor interviewing people about their new cool products. That video is in editing at this point so we have a lot of coverage yet to come.

Last edited:
I think that the biggest issue with a place like Salt Lake City, similar to when they had the conference in Phoenix, is to make sure that there is ample "backstage" venues to visit and external activities for family members who attend. Also, with Las Vegas and Orlando being large tourist markets as well offers a substantial value for rooms and transportation to the show.

Oh, and welcome aboard Ellen!

Dates have been announced, and it's late this year--November 22-24, 2013, the week before Thanksgiving. Vegas, Baby.

LDI Show 2013: LDI 2013

It is in Las Vegas again. If your interested in seeing most of the big lighting venders, InfoComm is in Orlando in June. If you need info let me know, as I will be there.

So, I just registered today since there was an email in my inbox. I just finished with NAB (well, still meeting with some execs tomorrow night) and figured that I might as well. If you register now through August 5th, you don't even need a code to get free exhibit hall access. I rarely have time for classes so it's an easy one for me.

So, is NYC just too expensive? How about LA, there is more than film going on there. Now for a really odd suggestion, how about near Littitz,PA?

No, just no. Hawaii would be super fun, but the conference would tank because it would be cost-prohibitive for both exhibitors and attendees. And I happen to like LDI, so I'd prefer the conference/company stays afloat. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back