LDI 2019

ruinexplorer

Sherpa
CB Mods
Premium Member
Fight Leukemia
Registration is open. Exhibit hall registration is free until 7/18. After that you will have to find some nice vendor to give you a code. They also have discounts on the full conference passes through the 18th.

This might be a fun side experience while you are in town. Tim Burton exhibit at the Neon Museum.

With no Apollo booth this year, where are we going to do the meet-up?

maybe.....

I've heard other major manufactures in this industry talk about reconsidering their trade show commitment.

A lot of manufacturers are reconsidering LDI. It's been lagging in attendance and success the last few years, which makes many question the great expense that attending the show has become.

Apollo isn't the first (Martin) and certainly wont be the last to step back.

While having LDI in my neighborhood every year for the last (how many) few years has been nice, I know a lot of manufacturers who preferred the every other year, similar to InfoComm.

As of now, we are alternating going to LDI and NAMM each year. We did NAMM this year, so LDI will be next year. Yes, that means, aside from USITT, which we are still planning on attending every year, we will do two big shows within a couple months of each other and then not another one until 20 months later. Seems really strange, but budget-wise, it is one per year. The timing just isn't great. A year and a half from now will be pretty crazy with LDI in Oct/Nov, NAMM in January, and USITT in March.

Anyway, since Apollo won't be there, it will not be possible to have a CB meetup at the Apollo booth. I guess that means there won't be a CB meetup! :rolleyes:

You are a maybe for going to LDI?
Yeah, I was reading this post when my boss walked in and said, "Who wants to go to LDI?"

They may send some of the 'junior' PM's so they can learn more about the business. I whined and wheedled and said, " You know in all my years I've buiolt sets for LDI, I've assembled lighting packages for LDI, I've created Signage for LDI, I've Vacuu-formed pieces for LDI but I've NEVER BEEN to LDI!?!?!"

We'll see if I made my point.

LDi has become an expensive trip this year and the boss had sticker shock on the cost of two classes. However, USITT does not have the level of classes I would like to take. Or maybe they do, the discriptions this year were horrible, couldn't tell beginning from advanced. NAMM and INFOCOMM are usually bad schedule wise. Wish LDI would get their act together and return to being affordable, alternating coasts and get ESTA back involved.

Yeah, I was reading this post when my boss walked in and said, "Who wants to go to LDI?"

They may send some of the 'junior' PM's so they can learn more about the business. I whined and wheedled and said, " You know in all my years I've buiolt sets for LDI, I've assembled lighting packages for LDI, I've created Signage for LDI, I've Vacuu-formed pieces for LDI but I've NEVER BEEN to LDI!?!?!"

We'll see if I made my point.
Tell your boss you have to go because there's a guy from Virginia who owes you a drink for all the traffic you created on his website with your posts about VSSD and Revolves.

They may send some of the 'junior' PM's so they can learn more about the business. I whined and wheedled and said, " You know in all my years I've buiolt sets for LDI, I've assembled lighting packages for LDI, I've created Signage for LDI, I've Vacuu-formed pieces for LDI but I've NEVER BEEN to LDI!?!?!

Point out that this is in VEGAS BABY!! and suggest that there be a seasoned pro there in a supervisory position so as not to waste company funds on rogue employees.

Oh, and as for the Apollo booth replacement, maybe go slightly retro and raid the costume shop and put on the dancing shoes and have a Flashmob moment. Inflatables optional.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back