LDI 2019

Oh, and as for the Apollo booth replacement, maybe go slightly retro and raid the costume shop and put on the dancing shoes and have a Flashmob moment. Inflatables optional

I’ll join that flash mob, provided you all realize that there are very VERY good reasons why I work “off-stage” and not on it... :p

LDI's early registration discounts end tomorrow 9/12. Although if you just want a badge to the show floor you can probably get one for free if you ask around a bit.

Apollo isn't the first (Martin) and certainly wont be the last to step back.

I would not be shocked to learn if this decision from Martin was driven by their Samsung overlords. LDI is one thing because that's primarily just the Martin side of their portfolio, but at InfoComm where Harman has SVSI, AMX, Crown, JBL, BSS, Martin, dbx, AKG, Soundcraft, Lexicon, and Studer -- where was Harman? Instead of having prominent placement on the show floor, Samsung shoved them in a closet off the main floor where Martin actually had more lighting fixtures on display than there were any AV products at an AV-centric conference. JBL's been making a resurgence with VTX, but was VTX anywhere to be found on the show floor? Nope, only in the demo rooms, which most of the people attending Infocomm ignore or only attend a couple demo rooms a year. In Samsung's primary booth, they even slapped AMX in the face by having a Crestron touch panel controlling a home cinema system and a placard thanking their Crestron home automation partners. When word got out about that, it was like the search for Big Foot with people scouring the Samsung booth for this elusive marketing faux pas.

Overall it was bizarre and disappointing. I saw a couple reps in there I know but felt so embarrassed for them I couldn't look them in the eye. One in a series of decisions that illustrates Samsung is quietly smothering Harman to death with a pillow. Whatever reason Martin has for not attending may have less to do with their strategic marketing decisions and more to do with Samsung sucking all of the oxygen out of the room they've shoved their Harman portfolio into.

Explanation from Harman is: They just built an 'Experience Center' in CA. They would rather save money from tradeshows by sending designers/specifiers to their dedicated facility. That's much cheaper than a show

@rsmentele That's both hilarious and narcissistic. Everyone loves me and will come from anywhere just to see ME! Or for the same amount of money I can go to LDI and see ALL of your competitors and NOT see you.

The ESA Event Safety Summit is the same week, so I’ll be in Lititz PA.

BOO!!! I was looking forward to hanging out with you. Maybe next time!
Do me a favor. If you see anyone in a Stagecraft shirt just walk up and say, "Hi, I know one of your guys, Van, from Controlbooth; Can you tell me where I might find him?"

ABSOLUTELY!

Or I could just trip them and loom over them saying "Van sends his best wishes!". :twisted:
If you do so might I suggest you use your best Adam Baldwin impersonation. Which one you may ask, I like the one from "Chuck ", growls and all, but the one from "Firefly" might work too. I don't suggest the one from the final season of "Castle", a number from West Side Story doesn't really cut it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back