LDI 2023 new dates

gafftaper

Senior Team
Senior Team
Fight Leukemia
Due to the complications that F1 racing coming to Vegas in November is causing (extremely expensive travel arrangements and difficulty getting crew to work the in/out at the hall). LDI is moving to Sunday 12/3/23 through Tuesday 12/5/23.

Its also going to be in the new West Hall for the first time.

Oh good, it's been moved from a weekend that is difficult for me to leave my job to just impossible for me to leave my job. It's a shame. I've only been to LDI once and it was over a decade ago now. And now I have a job that would actually pay for me to go. *le sigh*

I'm into the idea of the new dates. Maybe 2023 is my year???

Same. We always get slammed at the end of Nov and can never crawl out of the warehouse for weeks. These new dates seem very promising.

Thats what I'm saying! You have a timing conflict in Vegas then do it in Orlando!
From the perspective of "does it have to be held THERE?" I don't really care for either LV or Orlando, but I have a slight preference for Vegas.

That said, the last trade convention I attended was NAB (Vegas) back around 1998. IATSE Quadrennial Conventions in Orlando and Boston; so far Boston gets my 👍

I hear Phoenix, AZ has a great convention center from what I hear. 😂😂😂

LDI was held there once, back in '98 or so

Y'all gotta come by the ADJ booth, programming all those light shows in college and past jobs has built up to me designing & programming the ADJ show for this year. Gonna be a good one. Might recycle a track or two I've programmed before and shared here over the years.

Y'all gotta come by the ADJ booth, programming all those light shows in college and past jobs has built up to me designing & programming the ADJ show for this year. Gonna be a good one. Might recycle a track or two I've programmed before and shared here over the years.
Congratulations! I'm not sure when I'll be on the show floor and when I'll be back at the shop. If we do a meetup on the show floor, I'll do my best to be there

Next year pushes out even more. How long before it's held over Christmas at this rate?
24 SHOW DATES: Dec. 8-10 Las Vegas – West Hall LVCC

Next year pushes out even more. How long before it's held over Christmas at this rate?
24 SHOW DATES: Dec. 8-10 Las Vegas – West Hall LVCC

Yikes, I hadn't seen that one yet.

I guess if you give up your slot, you really don't get it back. Time to move to literally any other city?

I hear Detroit has a nice conference hall...

With F1 taking the traditional time slot for the next seven years or more, they can't really compete for November. I think the masses pushed for that over October.

F1 being F1 they may well move the dates around. There were grumblings that the temperatures were too low for the tyres to work properly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back