LDI Day 2

dvsDave

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Senior Team
CB Mods
Fight Leukemia
Finally got over to the Altman booth. The Altman phoenix is the replacement for the Shakespeare, with significant improvements. We shot a demo video with Altman where they walk through all the new features. Its definitely a very nice fixture. Video goes up on Tuesday.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Re: LDI Day 1

Hey all,

Dylan Frank here. Nice meeting you all at the Apollo Booth.

Interesting Things at LDI:
Excellent Brisket cooked via 4 etcPARs at the pocketDMX booth.
GAM Plexus software allows for incredible amounts of flexibility and customization.
Veri-Lite's new LED fixtures have completely solved the color temp, point source, and dimming curve problems.
PRG's new BestBoy fixture is kind of a bad boy....(bad joke I know, seriously though the light is cool)
The Martin booth gives out free bud light.
ETC's Lava Lounge gives out free fresh baked cookies.

the DMXIS software was pretty cool especially for the price and how much it offers. Hopefully i get to try out this demo i got at the Enttec booth soon.
Loved the DMX chainsaw haha.

The above posts have been moved here from www.controlbooth.com/forums/ldi-2011/26302-ldi-day-1-a.html .

Welcome to ControlBooth, nuclearbathory. Glad to see the meet-up produced at least one new member. [Oh, you're not a new member; what have you been doing between your first post in March 2010 and now?] Did you get any swag from Apollo? In the past, we've usually been disappointed with the turnout for CB's meet-ups. Any suggestions to increase attendance? (If the promise of an Apollo T-shirt or CB sticker won't do it, I'm not sure what will. :stumped:)

Last edited:
First I stopped by the Coemar booth and saw the Reflection LEDko. Interesting microlens setup and a pretty cool feature where they have a hertz generator to get the fixture to match camera refresh rate.

LEDko Press Release

Then we went to The Light Source to see this led source4 mod we'd been hearing about. We talked to the inventor, who, by the way, came up with this LAST FRIDAY.

He took his 100 watt led chip, and created a glass collimator that makes the light seem like a
single point source. Output is about the same as a 575 watt lamp. The really cool part is that you can fit the light engine to a source4 lens tube, or take it off and put on a Fresnel lens. He's also got plans for additional lenses to added on. One of the neatest things he told us about is his connection system that will allow you to switch lenses back and forth with less than 1/1000th of an inch shift in focus accuracy. He also has developed a method for sorting the individual LEDs from the batches for variance and then putting them onto a chip with an averaged Kelvin of either 3200 or 5600.

Estimated street price for the "Retro series" is $2500.

-Sent from my HP Touchpad

Last edited:
So you guys that are there need to go by the Jands Vista (maybe AC Lighting) booth and see if they have anything they are showing anything other than Byron. I heard a rumor from a reliable source that they might introduce a new mid-size desk there. Wanted to see if it's true or not...but I'm not holding my breath for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back