LDI Gives Back... Let's Help!

gafftaper

Senior Team
Senior Team
Fight Leukemia
Press release from LDI. Come on CB let's do our part to help! - Gaff

Live Design International Teams Up with Girl Scouts to Help Homeless Community

Knowing that the live production industry can be a force for good, Live Design International (LDI) has teamed up with the Girl Scouts of Central West Florida, to help provide items for their “Share the Season” badge initiative, where members of the Girl Scout community engage in volunteer activities. This year, LDI will be holding a contest in their LDI: Live Outside festival area, where attendees can bring all of their unused hotel toiletries, and donate other items, like socks and gloves, which will be distributed in care packages to homeless shelters. Donations will be weighed, and the person who donates the most products will win a 2017 LDInnovation™ Conference Pass and cash gift card.

The idea came from LDI and Live Design marketing manager, Beth Weinstein, “Our industry is full of road warriors, and most of us travel with our own personal hygiene products. I started collecting the shampoos and soaps throughout the year, getting them from friends and colleagues during tradeshows and large events, and just before the holidays, creating care packages of the essential items that we take for granted. Very often homeless shelters have shower facilities, but the participants need to supply their own hygiene items.”

Realizing what an opportunity LDI had with a simple act, attendees bringing even one day’s worth of their hotel amenities - soap, shampoo and conditioner - and dropping it off in a booth, multiplied by the expected 15,000 attendees, it made perfect sense. The Old Harbor Bay community of the Girl Scouts of West Central Florida decided to make it their annual community service project, working with the Girl Scouts of Southern Nevada, to create care packages that will be distributed to shelters in the Las Vegas, Nevada and the Tampa Bay area of Florida.

“At Girl Scouts, we teach girls to be leaders and take action to support causes that they believe in to make the world a better place,” shared Nicole Gonzalez, Girl Scouts of West Central Florida’s public relations manager. “While participating in the ‘Share the Season’ project our girls are not just helping their local homeless population, they are also learning an important lesson on how a basic necessity such a soap or shampoo can really make a huge impact in someone else’s life,” continued Gonzalez.

Since 1988, Live Design International has been the leading tradeshow and conference for live design professionals from all around the globe. LDI hosts over 12,000 attendees working in theatre, concerts, clubs, theme parks, and houses of worship and a wide range of international live and broadcast venues. Attendees from more than 80 countries come to LDI to see the latest gear in action, refresh their knowledge, and replenish their creativity. More than 350 companies exhibit, providing live demos and the opportunity for face-to-face discussions about the cutting edge gear they debut exclusively to LDI attendees.

About Girls Scouts of West Central Florida
Girl Scouts of West Central Florida (GSWCF) serves over 19,000 girls and nearly 8,500 adult members in Citrus, Hernando, Hillsborough, Marion, Pasco, Pinellas, Polk, and Sumter counties. For more information on how to join, volunteer, reconnect or donate to Girl Scouts of West Central Florida, visit www.gswcf.org or call (800) 881-4475.

Funny thing. I just picked up toothpaste that was on clearance at Target for this exact kind of thing. I tend to look for deals on hygiene products as well as socks and underwear (things that you can't get at thrift shops).

Funny thing. I just picked up toothpaste that was on clearance at Target for this exact kind of thing. I tend to look for deals on hygiene products as well as socks and underwear (things that you can't get at thrift shops).
Target clearance is a great place to shop for things to donate. Over the years, my wife has purchased a lot of super cheap baby clothes there and donated them to a shelter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back