LDI has been sold

ruinexplorer

Sherpa
CB Mods
Premium Member
Fight Leukemia
Last edited:
I wonder if this actually happened before the show. It obviously would have been in the works before.

The article reads almost like they think this is just a bigger Nightclub and Bar show....

Maybe NSCA and ESTA could team up? I think trade shows could be done better....m

Not anymore. Questex bought them too.
To clarify, yesterday Google searches of the WFX website found mentions of Informa all over the place and no mentions of Questex. So I assume that means WFX 2019 was still under Informa.

To clarify, yesterday Google searches of the WFX website found mentions of Informa all over the place and no mentions of Questex. So I assume that means WFX 2019 was still under Informa.

Yeah, we'll see if Questex does better than Informa did with WFX 2020. I had been toying with the idea of going to WFX next year, so I'll definitely be keeping an eye on it.

Maybe NSCA and ESTA could team up? I think trade shows could be done better....m
The issue with trade shows is that there is a certain critical mass that must be achieved. With everyones varying production schedules, it can be tough to gather enough people around an event. Regional style events under the auspices of an organization like ESTA I think are more likely to succeed.

Geoff

The issue with trade shows is that there is a certain critical mass that must be achieved. With everyones varying production schedules, it can be tough to gather enough people around an event. Regional style events under the auspices of an organization like ESTA I think are more likely to succeed.

Geoff

LDI has also always been a true "trade" show, a show for manufacturers to connect with distributors and retailers, more so than end-users. LDI still has a LOT of value in that regard.

USITT is my favorite show for manufacturer to end-user connections, and NAMM is also doing great work with connecting manufacturers and retailers to end-users. (Also, can't beat the value of the training sessions at NAMM, all included with the price of the ticket)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back