LDI swag

ruinexplorer

Sherpa
CB Mods
Premium Member
Fight Leukemia
Swag has changed over the years. Sometimes good, sometimes not really present. Let's see what is available this year and let us know what you got after the show is done.

One thing I saw is that you can get a MagicDMX Basic USB-DMX interface to the first 100 to the ChamSys booth.

It was a very hectic single day for me. I got a new DFD T-shirt and had a great time catching up with friends and colleagues.

There's not nearly as much swag as there used to be. My favorites are the pathway wire strippers, ETC tablet sleve, and the new Fleenor DMX T-Shirt (Black lettering on black reading "DMX Five One Two" on the back).

Got this from Gantom Lighting...

Attachments

• 2015-10-27 16.20.27.jpg
    2015-10-27 16.20.27.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 59
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

That looks really good! Did they mention the price point and when they be out?
$200. Gantom ran out of the free ones quickly, but they promised to send me a GPlex so I can do a write up about it for CB. It's really sweet looking, tiny, and really simple. But in order to get it so small that you can run if from your phone over the audio jack they had to sacrifice somewhere. The sacrifice comes in the number of channels it can control at the same time. You won't be busking a show or even programming presets on it. My initial impression is it's a product for dealers doing field demos, testing a fixture to figure out what's wrong, and for running REALLY simple setups only using very few channels.

I'll be writing a review as soon as they get me one.

They do not have an ETA at this point, but they said maybe a month or so. They sent me this 'Demo' unit before the show so I could play with it before coming, but of course I didn't have a chance to do that.

One other thing they are waiting on is the iOS app. It has not made it through Apple's approval process, but they expect it to in a couple months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back