LDI Vegas and cheeseburgers...

Kelite

Senior Account Executive
Premium Member
KC needs to come to Seattle and try a Bacon Burger at Red Mill.
We like Bacon here.
berman_4-10-11_selects_166.jpg

Five Guys is the only burger I've had on that list, and it is a great burger. Another favorite is a local diner that soaks their finished burgers in beef broth when they come off the grill. I'm sure all the sodium is going to take a few years off my life but it's worth the risk every once and a while.

I'm from the right coast and there is obviously a dearth of In 'N Out... I do intend to get an animal style burger at least once while I'm in Vegas.

I do intend to get an animal style burger at least once while I'm in Vegas.

Enjoy a bite of it for me Dave, I've not had one either...

Indianapolis has White Castle burgers, which are small and pretty plain. Fort Wayne is the home of POWER'S Hamburgers. Yummy! (Just don't leave the sack in the car!) Powers.jpg Powers II.jpg

Forgot to mention that culvers and backyard burgers are pretty good to, they're both only in the midwest though.

It's pretty pathetic how impressionable I am when it comes to food. Not being much of a burger guy, I had no intention of getting near a burger today. None.
After having seen pictures of juicy burgers with cheese, onions, (AND BACON!) and all the rest this morning...

BK Carolina BBQ Whopper!

BK Carolina Whopper.JPG

Oh man was it good!

Last edited:
Next time you are in Phoenix (just a five hour drive from Vegas), check out the Chuck Box near the ASU main campus. Just don't try to get in there during lunch when school is in session, unless you have an extra 45 minutes just to get served.

For me, Five Guys is better than In-n-Out Burger, except they don't have milk shakes. A Freddy's Steakburger just opened down the street from my house, so I'm going to have to check them out soon.

For me, Five Guys is better than In-n-Out Burger, except they don't have milk shakes. A Freddy's Steakburger just opened down the street from my house, so I'm going to have to check them out soon.

Freddy's is pretty good, the patties are pretty thin so don't be afraid of a double. The fries are pretty good too, I always put some of their "freddy's seasoning" on them, they usually have a bottle of it at the pick up counter.

Oh man, let me sit down and compile a list of my fav burger joints in Detroit Milwaukee and Atlanta (places I've lived).

I smell the beginning of a collaborative article here...

My big complaint about 5 guys is that they have quotes from reviews all over the place in the store. And the burgers don't live up to the hype. Of the chains, I prefer Smash Burger, but Meatheads is even better. Steak n shake is good, too, but more of a 50's diner style burger. I've had In n Out a few times. But since Jack In the Box is also in areas that serve In n Out I'd rather go there and get Jack's disgusting tacos. A guilty pleasure. The Culver's Swiss Mushroom burger is fantastic, but I like the Walleye dinner (more of a Wisconsin thing).

I can't help with a Vegas local thing, since I've never been to Vegas.

You know the whole local burger vs national chain thing is really interesting. I've never even heard of "Smash Burger", "Meatheads", "Steak n Shake", "Culver's", or "Walleye dinner" But I'm sure like the regional burgers here in the Northwest, they all put out a better burger than any of the really big chains. As a chain get's larger the uniqueness of the burger and it's quality goes down at an abysmal rate.

Wow! White Castle in the West. No way! I've only eaten at a White Castle once... the dvs one introduced me to the wonders of Whitecastle at USITT last year. It was definitely one of the better chain hamburgers I've eaten. But Washington will be about the last place to get a White Castle, so I'm not holding my breath.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back