Le Maitre Radiance vs Martin Magnum

donfox

Does anyone have any feedback on these two machines? I see a lot of positives on the Radiance, but nothing about the Martin....

thanks!
don fox - performing arts center of Wenatchee WA

Probably since the Martin Magnum Hazer is a newer product whereas the Radiance is an upgraded Neutron FX which is one of the all time best hazers in the sub $ 1000.00 level.

Probably since the Martin Magnum Hazer is a newer product whereas the Radiance is an upgraded Neutron FX which is one of the all time best hazers in the sub $ 1000.00 level.

For the price point...probably but I still hate the Neutron...

Both good machines, depends on the use. I had a Magnum for the weekend last week at my house gig and it was very good for the space. (850 seat theatre, 50' to high steel on stage). A radiance is what I had spec'd for the space though, so I'm trying to get one in for a demo.

I think most people will tell you the Look Solutions Unique 2 is the superior hazer but it'll cost you more. For budget reasons, I'm looking at the radiance or magnum myself. I've been thinking radiance... mostly because the magnum doesn't have much of a track record.

Don't know about the Martin, but the Radiance rocks. Had it about a year, now. It puts out a lot of haze but doesn't use much fluid. I'm still on my first container.

Just bought a Rosco Delta 3000 fogger & it looks like it will be a serious fluid hog. You can nearly watch the level go down when it is on full.

Both good machines, depends on the use. I had a Magnum for the weekend last week at my house gig and it was very good for the space. (850 seat theatre, 50' to high steel on stage). A radiance is what I had spec'd for the space though, so I'm trying to get one in for a demo.

did you ever get to demo the radiance? i am debating martin vs. lemaitre as well. i work at a 650 capacity venue with 35 foot ceilings. seems like a similar scenario to yours.
db

Having many Radiance units in inventory, I highly recommend them. Unlike the Neutron, they have been a much better performer not only on the stage but in the repair department. We've had a lot fewer repair issues with these units and you can't beat the price.

Also, having personally used the Radiance in various locations (primarily a Sanctinasium) I find them to be amazingly fluid efficient while providing a good, even haze that quickly fills and holds well in the large room.

I cannot speak to the Martin product to give you a good comparison.

G

The Radiance is much better than thhe Neutron, IMO. Runs better, less maintenance, better design, etc. I don't think they're in the same league at all. Never used a Martin atmospheric so I can't comment on them.

Thanks for the necro-quote..makes me feel relevant.

But a year later....given the choice I'd still shy away from anything with a Le Maitre sticker if I could.

I have the Magnum and I like it a lot but I have had a pump fail on me once, and I did have the heat exchanger clog on me but that can be fixed with compressed air. I recently used the Radiance a couple months ago as the theatre I was in had two. However when I arived for the load in they stated they just got bolth units back from repair. So I can't say anything about having a better track record. Also just like the magnum the radiance seems more like a smoke machine with a fan attached.

If I had to choose I would say go with the Martin... But were you, I would buy an MDG Atmosphere. It is pricey but it is worth every penny. :)

actually the radiance was a completely new design from the north american lemaitre team and the neutron was not. The Radiance is 100% better than the neutron about the same money. seperate fan and haze DMX channels, low consumption, high output - I highly recommend the Radiance, you can't go wrong!

PS - I also hate the Neutron, it was constantly getting plugged up despite the cleaning tool supplied. I have had a few go out on me - Radiance has been trouble free!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back