The above Ad will no longer appear after you Sign Up for Free!

LeapFROG vs Robe ColorSpot 250AT. :-(

Discussion in 'Lighting and Electrics' started by Thomas, Mar 13, 2008.

1. Thomas

Thomas Member

So ladies and gentlemen,
    I'm stuck in a bit of trouble.

I won't go into detail, but my hair has a limited life expectancy at this stage.
    The only personality I can call up for the above fixture is MODE 1.
    I want to change the fixture's personality *TO* MODE 1 from whatever it is.

How do I do this? The user manual is being terribly unhelpful. Also it's late and my feet hurt.

I have all the user libraries. On a disk the desk won't read all of a sudden. On my laptop, NEXT TO THE DESK that has no floppy disk drive.
    Yes, I'm going to track down a computer with both a USB port and floppy disk drive, but that's tomorrow's business and I want this rig running TODAY. Like NOW. So I can go home.

For some background, the other 22 fixtures are behaving amicably, all of them Robe- ColorSpot575AT, DJScan 250XT, Wash250XT and ColorMix240AT.

2. TimMiller

TimMiller Well-Known Member

you can usually pick up a usb floppy drive for around 30 bucks. They are definately worth having around.

3. Thomas

Thomas Member

oh you legend.

For future reference, use a generic desk to see which channels the fixture responds to in order to divine mode. Replace faulty 1/4" disk drive, find ancient desktop PC, copy new fixture library from laptop to 1/4" disk on desktop PC, load into desk.

And get a blower to clean the fixture.