LED Boxing Ring Lighting

EdKaz

Hi,

Does anyone know where I can purchase some LED flood lighting (on a pole would be nice) for a boxing ring. We do outside/inside boxing events for kids in the neighborhood. We currently rent the ring (and home-made lighting) and looking to buy a ring and get rid of rental cost. The lighting consisted (on rented ring) of some home made welded tubing with some home depot led floods attached to the corner posts (2 floods in each of the corners...which worked out well). Looking to get something that would run on 20 amp circuit /bright and dimmable.

Thanks for any help
Ed

The thing I'll challenge you to consider is: do you really want to be involved in putting on smokers considering the public health hazards?
Currently Pennsylvania Athletic Commission shows no scheduled events.
Nevada is allowing "no audience only" fights under strict protocols that have still resulted in positive Covid tests of fighters and cornermen, cancelled bouts and quarantines despite being in a so-called "bubble".

Consider that just last night there was nationwide action on display by our industry to call attention to our current status of being over 99% shut down. There is currently a very very small window of opportunity for having public gatherings, and even then the failure rate is high. MLB can't keep Covid out of a clubhouse for numerous teams. Does your event have access to those kinds of resources? I doubt it.
If this is for the "neighborhood kids", why risk their health? I get that you're saying it's outdoors, where transmission risk appears less, but how cavalier is this being handled? The road to Hell is paved with good intentions, right?

Seems problematic for reasons far exceeding lighting.

1599063595809.png

The thing I'll challenge you to consider is: do you really want to be involved in putting on smokers considering the public health hazards?
Currently Pennsylvania Athletic Commission shows no scheduled events.
Nevada is allowing "no audience only" fights under strict protocols that have still resulted in positive Covid tests of fighters and cornermen, cancelled bouts and quarantines despite being in a so-called "bubble".

Consider that just last night there was nationwide action on display by our industry to call attention to our current status of being over 99% shut down. There is currently a very very small window of opportunity for having public gatherings, and even then the failure rate is high. MLB can't keep Covid out of a clubhouse for numerous teams. Does your event have access to those kinds of resources? I doubt it.
If this is for the "neighborhood kids", why risk their health? I get that you're saying it's outdoors, where transmission risk appears less, but how cavalier is this being handled? The road to Hell is paved with good intentions, right?

Seems problematic for reasons far exceeding lighting.
So are you going to help me or not ???

The purpose of CB is to help, of course. And it does seem this may not be a smoker after all.

Based on the information you initially provided, my questions were not unreasonable. Asking for information and pointing out real concerns is what we do here all the time. I may be reading this the wrong way, but when questioned with "are you going to help me or not?" in a situation, I'll wish you luck and step away every time.

I do NOT know what a "SMOKER" is ... No surprise on you stepping away....Probably due to lack of experience . I wish you the best of luck.
You may want to research who you're replying to prior to assuming a lack of experience.
@What Rigger? Care to comment?
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

I appreciate the thought, Ron. Thank you. I will remain detached from this thread. Glad to see you back in action.

I appreciate the thought, Ron. Thank you. I will remain detached from this thread. Glad to see you back in action.
My memory may be incorrect; I thought I recalled you lighting a series of nationally televised wrestling matches. In the thread, I recall discussions of bounce lighting off a reflective indoor ceiling to gain an evenly distributed, shadow free, soft light which shone neither in the eyes of competitors nor patrons.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

I'm a big fan of OSRAM's KREIOS FLX 90W LED Floodlight myself. Indoor and outdoor rated, has a textured glass surface so the LEDs are less "glarey" and easier on the eyes. Great for lighting a boxing ring, indoors or out! (IMHO). :)

My memory may be incorrect; I thought I recalled you lighting a series of nationally televised wrestling matches. In the thread, I recall discussions of bounce lighting off a reflective indoor ceiling to gain an evenly distributed, shadow free, soft light which shone neither in the eyes of competitors nor patrons.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

Attachments

• 14925752_10205914495900031_2150446702574643893_n.jpg
    14925752_10205914495900031_2150446702574643893_n.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 291
  • 118648818_332387294626554_7041000110911863786_n.jpg
    118648818_332387294626554_7041000110911863786_n.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 292
Never did wrestling matches...UFC/Golden Gloves Boxing...
Due to covid....MUST go outside... Have done a few in the street last year (center city).
Like I said just want to light up contenders ... NO effect lighting ... Going to use some high power projectors W/resolume (halftime)

I was referring to my memories of a series of nationally televised matches @What Rigger? used to light.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

Back in 1982 when the NFL went on strike, I lit quickly put together boxing matches for CBS Sports, NCB Sports and ESPN.

Of course there were no LED fixtures back then. I used a square grid of truss with 15 - 1000Par64WFL per side.

One particular Sunday I had two events televised at the same time, one in Upstate NY and one in PA.

@EdKaz what's your budget like? The Kreios 90 as @DELO72 mentioned is a fantastic fixture for white led light but it will cost you a lot more than what you will find on Amazon. If I remember correctly, they even sort of dim. They weren't designed to dim and have a snap on and off, but it sounds like you just want to take it from say 65‰ to full. In that case I believe they would be great fine. (Is that correct Mark?)

Might be more than your budget allows, but the KL Panel from Elation is a great wide wash/flood light. Over 24,000 lumens of full spectrum light, so you can have just white, or do some color changing if desired for some extra flare. Additional bonus is that it can be battery powered if need be.

Money is not too much of a deal...we have a lot of sponsors.... if and when this pandemic goes away the city gave us a building for a permanent install. Which I can use more conventvental fixtures (due to available power).
Thanks for the info.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back