LED Building Outline Lighting and Plaza Tour

jmabray

As some of you may or may not know, over the course of the last 4 or 5 years I have been involved in a project in downtown Fort Worth. It started with one building and has grown to cover several city blocks. With the opening of the Plaza in November of last year, the project is, while not complete, somewhat at a standstill for the time being.

I have made arrangements for us to do a walking tour of the job and even get into one of the electrical AV rooms to see some of the gear used. The idea is that we would talk about the system and I'd answer any questions anyone had about how it worked or what went into it or anything that anyone would like to know.

The plan is to meet outside the convention center around 5:30 on Friday evening after the show closes and then we would walk up the few blocks up the plaza. We would then tour around (including the AV) and then move over to the Flying Saucer for some beverages after.

If you'd like to see more about the plaza you can go here:

Sundance Square :: Sundance Square Plaza

or a picture is here

proxy.php

proxy.php

That's really cool. I wish I had the time and money to come visit. Eventually I will make it to a USITT event fingers crossed.

Most likely not - But I'll have to come up with something I suppose.... :)

Want to carpool to Ohio next year? I'm already planting seeds to see if I can make this happen.
I wish I could plan a year ahead schedule. I also don't know if I will be in Wi next year. I will keep it in my back pocket though.

That sounds like a lot of fun. I'll check my plans and try to join you

Incidentally, this is an *insanely* cool idea; a magazine article on how you pulled it off would probably not go amiss. In gritty detail, enough for other people to replicate it.

So main street and 9th at 5:30 this afternoon
Incidentally, this is an *insanely* cool idea; a magazine article on how you pulled it off would probably not go amiss. In gritty detail, enough for other people to replicate it.
street q

I crunched the numbers again for when I would expect delays in the sACN network you described using 100Mbps switches. I was off by a factor of 10. You should be able to run about 400 universes before you get any significant delays. It would be fun to test.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back