LED Dance Floor or RGB Rail Dance Floor

I want to put it out there and see what kind of responses we get.
I have been selling alot of LED DMX dance floor and LED Video Dance Floors in the past few months.. But some folks come along and want maybe 3'x10' (due to smaller venues) and with this you can not use a traditional LED DMX dance floor/LED Video Dance Floor because they are manufactured in 3.2' x 3.2' blocks and need 4 block quadrant to display effects.. So lately i have started making finished dance floors of my own by using DMX RGB Rails and stacking them side by side and frosting 3/4 in acrylic on top. Data cord and Power come out the sides and ... There ya go..

What do you guys think? Have you ever used anything like this?
Dan

SORRRRY fellas, I was up till 430 last nigh working working working.. LOL yes i sell a DMX flame thrower and a few other DMX intelligent lighting products rarely seen.. As for the original question one of them is a custom digital RGB dmx rail dance floor..

I see you guys were checking out the site. Can i ask what you think of it? I have been updating products and revamping the site for months now..

But back to my original question also .. Any thoughts or experiences on LED DMX dance floor?

Wow,
You sell a DMX Flamethrower.
Thats pretty ill-conceived, and terrifying.
So what happens if you don't terminate the dmx line, does it terminate you????
Sorry to the OP, I really have no opinion on lighted dance floors, I do think they would probably be safer than DIY dance floors with incandescent lighting.

I am with you on the dance floors, No real opinion, as not really my deal.
But I was interested in his LED products, until I saw the flamethrower...

As for if it terminates you, Since there is no error checking in DMX, and DMX can fail catastrophically...
I know I would never trust my or anyone else's life to DMX.
I think of this a lot like I think of DMX chain hoist control, Just say no...

Is it a real foame thrower or just fog colored by LED?

WOW .. i didn't think everybody was going to go so hard on my DMX flame thrower? Its an awesome piece to add.. AND of course it has to go behind some kind of fire retardant shield.. I cant just go into these clubs and sell them a lawsuit waiting to happen!!

I think the real question is do you have a dmx coffee pot that you can cue to finish brewing so that its waiting for you at intermission.

Um, The dance floor would be nice, can think of a few events that would use them. We would still use the larger pads but still an interesting idea.

As far as the DMX flame thrower anyone who is going to buy that and use it isn't going to be professional enough to know what the hell they are doing. And if they are they wouldn't be using DMX to control the flame. If you are just using the DMX to control the LED great. No problems. But as soon as you start controlling the flame itself with DMX its a huge no no.

Last edited:
Um, The dance floor would be nice, can think of a few events that would use them. We would still use the larger pads but still an interesting idea.

As far as the DMX flame thrower anyone who is going to buy that and use it isn't going to be professional enough to know what the hell they are doing. And if they are they wouldn't be using DMX to control the flame. If you are just using the DMX to control the LED great. No problems. But as soon as you start controlling the flame itself with DMX its a huge no no.

I agree 100%, If you think a DMX Controlled flame thrower is a good idea, you are definitely not experienced enough to understand the consequences of your purchase.

Throw in some wireless dmx gerbs and I'm all over it. FIRE IN THE HOLE!!!! [/SARCASM]

Throw in some wireless dmx gerbs and I'm all over it. FIRE IN THE HOLE!!!! [/SARCASM]

...and around the hole, and above the hole on the ceiling, and all over the musician who was walking past at the time.

It'd be like Metallica all over again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back