LED Fresnel suggestions?

OSRAM has a nice, 80W Fresnel. Both in Warm White, and RGBW versions. It frames really well with the barn doors, and has a huge flood/spot range of 14-77 deg.
http://www.osram-americas.com/en-us...-specialty-lighting/Pages/KREIOS-FRESNEL.aspx
Hey Mark, the pdf links to the manuals don't work.
But then, there's this:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I apologize to Mark but I forgot about these nifty units from Osram, which says something about their marketing. I played with one a few years ago - white only but I see RGBW now - very nicely built and very reasonable price IIRC. Worth looking at.

Hahahahah!

>>"which says something about their marketing."

I'm still chuckling about this. Touche'.

Hey Mark, the pdf links to the manuals don't work.

Hmm.. they work for me and a few colleagues in the office that just tried them. I tried on both Chrome and IE. What Browser are you using (and version)?

Hmm.. they work for me and a few colleagues in the office that just tried them. I tried on both Chrome and IE. What Browser are you using (and version)?
How strange, I am on a desktop using Win10Home and Firefox, latest versions of both.
I also tried on IE and EDGE and got the same results.
It seems it may be an issue with my ISP, ATT.Net.
attnotice.PNG

I'll explore further.

I'll be it's the DNS (or is that a DNS?). I had that once. Still don't know what it is.

(Glad to see Oklahoma Lottery is right between CB and Pro Lighting in your book marks!)

I'll be it's the DNS (or is that a DNS?).

(Glad to see Oklahoma Lottery is right between CB and Pro Lighting in your book marks!)

That made me do a spit-take on my adult beverage!

Yes, they have fans. IP20 rated. Noise level isn't terrible, but far from perfect. Some will find it acceptable, some won't. The challenges and joys of LED fixtures!

I'm in the process of slowly replacing my legacy fresnels with the WW Kreios, so I'm in a hybrid environment. I chose the Kreios because side by side with my Altmans the difference was all but imperceptible. Ours is a very small theatre and the fans are so quiet I forget that the devices are powered on. I was having some flashing issues with these but it looks like a firmware update has resolved that. All in all, I love these units.

Alan S.
Melbourne Civic Theatre
Melbourne, FL

Update, the above links now work fine for me. I don't know if it was ATT or osram who took care of that.
Now, I guess it's pick on @DELO72 time again.
I find this part of the manual a little confusing:
kreiosfresnel.PNG

It shows a single DMX input XLR and a single DMX output XLR, yet it states it is suitable for both 3 pin and 5 pin. Are there two different models? Is it some sort of special XLR that can accept both? Sort of like that audio connector which can use both 1/4" TRS and XLR.
Also it looks to me like the genders are backwards.

In short, yes- we have two versions (and one manual for both). 3-pin *cough* "DMX" *cough* for the Chinese Market, and 5-pin DMX512 for the North American & European market. The connectors are correct. However the terminology on Output/female, Input/male may be worded in a confusing manner as it's translated from Italian, so it is the connector of the cord being plugged in that it is referring to. It's clear on the fixture itself though.

It's like Shakespeare- when translated from the original Klingon.

:)

"The DNS" would be the customary usage, yes.
"DNS"? Are those Darned Nova Scotian's at it again?
Perhaps we need to have @BillConnerFASTC teach them a thing or two the next time he's portaging his canoe through their neck of the woods and / or water?
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back