LED Leko options to replace src 4s

Lburners

I am looking into some options to replace some Source 4 Ellipsoidals. I do a lot of smaller stuff but still requiring 8 source 4s is often a hassle with power draw. Price is a huge factor for me. Right now I am considering the Chauvet EZE100 and Encore 1000 Color. I have seen the EZE100 and am satisfied with the brightness but am curious if anyone has used the Ecore Color and can comment on the brightness. Especially as compared to a src4 loaded with 575w. Color is not crucial but would be preferred but I seem to be priced out of that. I think I can source these two options in the 700$ range.

Hmmm... interesting thoughts. If power is your only concern could you simply convert your S4's to LED with the WRD caps, assuming your generation of fixture can take them? If you have the chance I would put all 3 of your fixtures side by side and see where your money is really going. It doesn't sound like you've looked at the specs of the fixtures or in comparison to your needs with the photometrics of each, that should determine your fixture choice and you should budget for that.

Price alone, different than budgeting, tends to always be a poor motivator for purchasing equipment.

I do like the fact that both of these fixtures are zoomable so i wouldnt require multiple lenses. I did try to look at some of the specs but was looking for some confirmation. Mostly on the brightness of the Encore 1000 color. From what I can understand from what they have posted it is a lot dimmer than a source 4. Hard for me to visualize it though and its rated in lux while Im more used to lumens ratings. I guess I was hoping someone here had used both those fixtures and could steer me in a direction. Like I said I think the EZE-100 would do the trick. I will look further into the WRD caps. I think I just want to run stuff dmx though without any dimmer packs or rj45 adapters.

I am kinda surprised by the lack of youtube reviews on both these as they have been out for a while. Maybe I can provide that if I end up diving in on something.

We either need more information, or you need to clarify your needs in order to receive better advice. You can compare fixtures by electrical spec and price all day and still buy the wrong fixture for your application and typical use.

Let's get to some questions and see if this opens the can of worms and gets us to some of the good dirt....

How are you powering your fixtures?
How do you control your fixtures?
What's their typical use?
Typical throw distance?
How do you store your fixtures? w
What's the future expansion plan?

Typically powered off standard power 15a outlets-
ETC Smartfade ML- Enttecc open dmx-Elation SDC-6
Use varies but small Theatrical,Architectural,Wedding, Corporate A lot of 2/4/6/8 fixtures couple lighting trees/pipe and base. Small stages.
Again throw distance varies on venue but 20-50ft
Mixed storage but they could be subject to non climate control
Im not foreseeing a need for more than a dozen fixtures in the near future. Although it would be ideal to have a fixture available that would be acceptable for a smaller lighting designer.

By the way thanks for taking the time with providing your insight.

Well I got them installed for the first time along with some source 4s. They seem to blow them away in brightness even using the standard src 4 lenses. I havent gotten a good chance to wring them out but right off the bat I am not super impressed with the dimming smoothness. I am assuming they have some adjustable curves in the menu so I will report back when I get a chance to dive in more. My biggest concern was the brightness though and they have exceeded my expectations in that department.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back