Conventional Fixtures LED PAR for $9 ???

Mine are the same way. If I don't hit enter then it won't save the settings.

Ah, makes sense, It didnt seem to make any impact on the screen, so I think out of habit some I did hit enter some I didn't, good to know...

I hate bidding so I always try to get one-click type things, thus, my seller is still up. https://www.ebay.com/itm/8PCS-8CH-R...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Knowing how this ends up working, itll be gone by the morning, Ive bought 2 LED wash moving heads that were of impressive quality for a round 30-50 bucks each. I think these with a little TLC will be good, I plan on putting a resistor on the fans and re-aligning the led boards so the arrays match unit to unit. for the price they arent half bad, just kinda wish they didnt take up 8ch...

Ah, makes sense, It didnt seem to make any impact on the screen, so I think out of habit some I did hit enter some I didn't, good to know...

I hate bidding so I always try to get one-click type things, thus, my seller is still up. https://www.ebay.com/itm/8PCS-8CH-RGBW-DMX512-High-Power-Stage-PAR-Light-Lighting-Strobe-KTV-Party-L2D5/192251216659?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Knowing how this ends up working, itll be gone by the morning, Ive bought 2 LED wash moving heads that were of impressive quality for a round 30-50 bucks each. I think these with a little TLC will be good, I plan on putting a resistor on the fans and re-aligning the led boards so the arrays match unit to unit. for the price they arent half bad, just kinda wish they didnt take up 8ch...
$8.43 is the lowest yet! Yea, wish they had a three or four channel mode, but had to complain about a fixture that costs less than a C clamp!

So I started down the rabbit hole of cheap DMX PAR blacklights. The $15 “70W” one is more blue than purple, and enhances my targets (florescent fishing lures) less than the ADJ BLB18W-PAR 38 “UV Bulb”.

First off, with these cheap DMX blacklights, what gel could be best for taking out the longer wavelengths, with some useful transmission of the shorter ones. Congo Blue, a violet such as Lee 707 or Rosco 2009, ……?

Second, has anyone found a cheap DMX blacklight worth testing? Short throw from stage lip or long throw from the house.

So I started down the rabbit hole of cheap DMX PAR blacklights. The $15 “70W” one is more blue than purple, and enhances my targets (florescent fishing lures) less than the ADJ BLB18W-PAR 38 “UV Bulb”.

First off, with these cheap DMX blacklights, what gel could be best for taking out the longer wavelengths, with some useful transmission of the shorter ones. Congo Blue, a violet such as Lee 707 or Rosco 2009, ……?

Second, has anyone found a cheap DMX blacklight worth testing? Short throw from stage lip or long throw from the house.
Since LEDs by nature are monochromatic, you can't really shift their color with gels, with the exception of the white LED's, which have a phosphor and an actual bandwidth.

Looking to be selective, any recommendations?

Edit
Another way of asking the question. I’ve seen the intensity/wavelength charts on a few single-color LEDs. The emission plot of a single-color LED, looks more like a mountain, than a straight up and down bar (monochromatic). (Much like the inverse/reverse of what you see in the Congo Blue transmission plot.) I am looking at gels that can shave off some of the longer wavelengths, and still allow transmission of whatever lower wavelengths remain.

I’ve got Congo Blue. It “shapes” the light’s output more to my liking. But the intensity reduction is significant.

I know this is splitting hairs.

Thanks

Last edited:
Looking to be selective, any recommendations?

Edit
Another way of asking the question. I’ve seen the intensity/wavelength charts on a few single-color LEDs. The emission plot of a single-color LED, looks more like a mountain, than a straight up and down bar (monochromatic). (Much like the inverse/reverse of what you see in the Congo Blue transmission plot.) I am looking at gels that can shave off some of the longer wavelengths, and still allow transmission of whatever lower wavelengths remain.

I’ve got Congo Blue. It “shapes” the light’s output more to my liking. But the intensity reduction is significant.

I know this is splitting hairs.

Thanks
Been a while since I looked at the graphs, but if I remember correctly, Congo Blue actually has some red mixed in. Blue and red are about an octave apart, so it's not surprising. Not enough to be purple, but it is there.

I final got you purple comment, Thanks. It would seem there is nothing being emitted above 450-500 (start of green). This may make the 2009 a candidate.

Tonight we tried the 382 Congo Blue vs the 2009 Violet on the cheap DMX PAR blacklights. The 2009 was a little better at stripping out the visible light, and gave a little brighter fluorescence to the targets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back