LED PAR's

I have a 750.00 DLP projector hanging above me right now that I use for home theatre. It's pretty bright, even for a lower end (InFocus X1A), wouldn't it be cool to incorporate it on to a faster moving version of the auto yoke or right arm type unit. I say get a used one on ebay for a couple hundred and try it. It would be like the VL1 all over again :]

all theoretical of course.

There is a new comer in the LED market that will be available by the years end. This should fill the needs of theatre lighting nicely while not being overly expensive.

The LED-330 features 30 - 3w LEDs and offers front accessory holders for barn doors, snoots, gel frames, etc.

Last edited:
Who is going to be putting this unit out? Elation? What's the beam spread of the individual LED's? The whole unit? Looks promising, thanks for the info.

I'm confident this fixture comes from the same factory as the Elation Opti RBG unit. It is being built for us and will probably cost less than the Elation par (we're not greedy.)

Beam and field have not yet been determined, I'll keep you posted.

Bill,

When is the tentative launch date?

Hi Len,

I expect production samples within 30 days. We will evaluate the products for several weeks and if pleased place a stocking order. Delivery from order date can be 30 to 90 days.

Looks good, BillESC. I'm almost ashamed...nah, I have no shame, that I just today received a Chinese-made LED PAR64 that I bought on ebay for $134.95+16.05 shipping. Works great on my Pocket Console. Good for mood lighting for the bedroom. Size of a PAR64SN, no colorframe clips, which is a shame as the beam is narrow and peaky, so some x119 would fix that. 3pin DMX in and out. The basic 4 buttons [Menu] [Up] [Down] [Enter] and 4 character display. It has internal programs but I haven't spent quality time with it yet. No documentation whatsover. Who reads manuals anyhow? No C-clamp. I wouldn't use it on a stage, unless I had 500 of them and was ripping off Hairspray, or maybe as truss toners, but it would be okay for a party or decor company. And it's the same cost to buy as renting the PixelPar or CoemarPar.

Looks cool Bill. I'm curious how it stacks up against a PAR 64 or at least a PAR 56. I'm still skeptical, but that's got a lot more firepower than most things on the market today. Looking forward to more information.

Although it definitely doesn't have as much power as Bill's unit (which I egarly anticipate reviews of), Chauvet's new COLORado 01 par unit seems to pack quite a punch when it comes to 1W LED PAR heads in the middle-price range. I already wanted to get a demo of their COLORado 3 unit a while back - and I think that I may try to get one this year.

I've had great luck with both the Altman Spectra-Pars and CK ColorBlast 12s. Sure, they aren't as powerful as a standard PAR, but you get enough of them, and they will do whatever you please.

Its all about the right tool for the job.

I'm not going to take 120 Spectra Pars and try to replicate a standard 120k rig, that would NOT work. But, if I need to do some overall wash light on a stage and can deal with having my key lights (lekos primarily, or spotlight) be on the dimish side of things, then a full wash of colorblasts or spectra pars will work great.

No a Spectra-Par or similiar is never going to replace a standard S4 PAR, at least not yet, but the versitility and output are great for certain situations. I've seen Colorblasts12s astound many a client with their smooth dimming and brightness--those things really pack a punch for an LED unit. Take a few ColorBlasts and uplight a tent? Wow, what a look. Spectra-Pars are great for truss toners as many of you know and can be great as sidelight or toplight on smaller stages.

Once again, all about the right tool for the job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back